2007 Saab 9-7X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:
Greaf car, but poor gas mileage
By cmadams219 on 05/29/14 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives and handles well. When I bought it, it was my 4th SUV. It has been the best. I hate to part with it, just time for newer vehicle. SAAB let us down when they went out of business.

"Garage Queen"
By lycklig on 06/28/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned, and loved, 3 previous SAABs, but this one is a major disappointment. I purchased this so that the tall men in my life would no longer have to leave their knees at home when we go on a trip. The space is great and comfy, DVD and multi-CD players are sweet, and the on-board air-compressor is a great asset. BUT, it is sluggish when going uphill (diesel-pushers cruise past us), has had multiple major issues, and spends more time in the dealership garage than on the road with me. Gas mileage is about the same as my Suburban. This 9-7X has cost me so much time and money. I can hardly wait to trade it in!

Liked it enough to get another 4 wife
By SS on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Many have already said that the 9-7x is a great value. I agree, an undervalued SUV that delivers a great driving experience. And for you who think it is just a re-badged Trailblazer, you have to drive one to experience the difference. Tighter suspension, smoother ride, much quieter. Yes, I bought a 2008 a year after getting mine.

Minor issues but love it!
By Carl Sanders on 08/24/10 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I first bought the truck I had to replace all of the brakes and rotors as they had rusted out from being driven in the north with all of the salt they put out for the snow. I also had to replace the factory tires at 30,000 miles but other than those minor maintenance issues it has been a great vehicle. People are always impressed by the way it looks and say they never knew Saab made an SUV. I like that it is a unique model and I never see anyone else driving my truck. I would probably not recommend it to anyone though because of the horrible gas mileage as they can probably find something that looks just as good but with better gas mileage.

GREAT so far!
By Ray on 02/01/10 10:28 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car almost a year ago used at a great deal. I love it! It has all the luxury one could want, heated seats, navi, dvd, sunroof etc... It handles nicely and so far (with 41,000 miles) I have had no issues at all.

What a dream!
By Scott on 01/29/09 20:31 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Saab SUV is incredibly comfortable, sporty, and fun to drive, and I find myself looking forward to using it everyday. The GM SUV platform may actually give this car greater reliability over its Swedish born sedan cousins, but I suppose time will tell. Furthermore, I really enjoy having an unusual SUV, one that you don't see everyday. My summary impression of this Saab is that it is underrated and represents a terrific bargain in the used car market.

Great SUV for the price
By EstateAttorney on 01/29/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We currently have 20,000 trouble free miles on our Saab 9-7X. I bought this SUV because it looks & feels as good as the Porsche SUV but for far less money. The handling is excellent for an SUV, the acceleration is more than adequate considering we did not opt for the V8. It feels like you are driving a more expensive car.

great car
By Bob on 09/05/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just love driving this car. I get great comments about the beauty of the car from strangers. It handles great with great passing ability and smooth acceleration entering the highway. My two golden retrievers sleep or rest comfortably on long drives. I just can't say enough about what a lovely car this 97x is to own and drive!

9-7x
By susan on 10/02/07 00:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am over 6 ft and this car fits my style perfectly, head room, leg room great. I had considered the Mercedes SUV but glad I changed my mind and thought about the Saab ingenuity. Love the way it drives and handles. It is a statement SUV despite the connection with GM.

Sporty SUV
By berne1 on 08/03/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got the 9-7X 5.3i this past June for my wife. We really like the styling, the front end is clean and the lowered suspension gives a sporty look. Definitely a better look than the other platform-mates. Get a lot of compliments as well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.