2006 Saab 9-7X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:
Run
By Paul on 12/10/08 20:01 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best thing about my Saab is the extra 100,000 mile warrenty I purchased. Car has 48,000 miles on it. Without that extra warrenty I would easily be out about 5k by now. New accelerator, two new starters, two new windshield wiper pumps, new computer....there might be more...the past year is a bit of a blur to me at this point. Anyone want to buy a car?

Can't Go Wrong
By DDW on 11/25/08 12:22 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this luxury SUV. Bought it used. Added Techron fuel system cleaner and got 2 MPG better than before. To connect my iPod, I had an iSimple installed to the existing Bose system. Works and sounds great! Stock tires don't work well in snow, so I put on Hancook Icebears and now can go thru anything and do not give up much on dry roads. Fuel economy suffers from the 3.73 differentials versus the 3.45 on GM cousins, but low gears do improve the get up and go. With 277 lb-ft of torque, they could have made the down shift from 4th to 3rd later. This thing spends more time in 3rd gear than our Pontiac Vibe.

Good for $? Yes it could be.
By T on 09/26/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just got a 2-year old certified one. Can't beat the value for what they go for nowadays. (with the heavy incentives, the 08 new models would be an attractive option too.) Understand that one of the biggest complaints on this vehicle is the fuel efficiency, but when you do the side-by-side comparisons AND THEN calculate it into additional costs for the duration of your planned ownership, well it made the financial sense for us and we were happy to get into this semi-luxury SUV in a heavy snow prone area that we live in.

Entertaining Platformed Vehicle
By ghack on 03/23/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Considerable sportier handling than its other shared platform vehicles. Any issues that have occurred, dealership has the utmost professionalism in correcting the problem with few questions asked

My car is in the shop while I'm typing!
By NUBULLY on 01/07/08 11:59 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Run away from this SUV. When we leased this SUV, GM had a promo: give us 27 months. Well, this morning when I tried to start the engine it turned over but did not start (for the 5th time). I have 4 more months until the 27 months are up. I gave them 27 months and I know to stay away!!!! THIS is why you lease autos, if I purchased this SUV I would be out my mind right now. The car drives nice but it gets horrid gas mileage and its been in the shop a lot. The interior fit and finish are still good. The XM/Radio antenna wasn't installed properly as well as the R/S mirror was 1/2 installed when we took delivery. NYBULLY

Solid SUV regardless of origins
By Tom A on 01/27/07 22:09 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, it's a pretty mundane GM truck underneath the Saab-designed exterior. But it's got a great engine that gives fairly good fuel economy for the class, and the ability to tow more than its competitors. Plus it's more refined and better to drive than an Explorer, Grand Cherokee, 4Runner, and the like. And it's got great value. But more importantly, it's not like I'll lose it in a parking lot.

Great value but expect some issues
By BCR on 01/12/07 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

If you can get this vehicle for under $35k you would have a tough time beating the value in the higher-end SUV market. It looks great (inside and out), is roomy, and the ride is OUTSTANDING. Saab-GM have done a great job improving the suspension, lowering the floor one inch (makes for easy in and out), and soundproofing the vehicle. If you have small ones, you'll love the latch points for car seats - they are extremely easy to get to. 4.2 has plenty of power. We live at high altitude and it takes climbs well. Disappointments - low beams and lumbar support did not work on delivery. Battery went dead after having the radio on for 10 minutes (battery power only). More storage please!

Saab 9-7X, much better than you think...
By dawgpound55 on 11/14/06 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was anxious about trading in my 2000 9-5 Aero for the 9-7X because of my perception of it's lack of refinement. It truly has been a better vehicle than I expected, and I'm glad to have stuck to the Saab brand for this purchase. It has decent acceleration, handling and breaking and appears to have good fit and finish. I wish that it had a six speed auto (or even a 5 speed) but the transmission is smooth and seems to keep the engine well within it's broad powerband. Although it has a solid rear axel, it doesn't hop over rough pavement as I expected. Styling is personal, but I believe that Saab did a nice job putting their touches on this vehicle. I have gotten many compliments on its looks.

Great Luxurious SUV
By Mary Ann on 09/08/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car has a smooth ride. I have not seen anyone down here in the Rio Grande Valley with one. So it's fun to see people stare at it when I drive. The car is perfect for my son and I. I've really enjoyed it.

Good Car for the Price
By kayvan on 09/06/06 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It has good acceleration, handles well on corners, fuel economy could be better, it's hard not to push the gas pedal. It comes loaded with a lot of features, overall a satisfied customer. Looking forward to driving it in the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.