Used 2006 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saab 9-7X

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Great buy
By Dave

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 06 9-7x 5.3 I have owned many SUVs and this is the best one. 300 hp and I can get 24 mpg on a trip. The interior feels strong and solid unlike my old Nissan.

Power with good fuel economy and comfort and many luxury features.

Off road capabilities.

Terribly disappointed
By Terribly disappointe

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a Saab fan for years and have really never heard anything bad said about them. I bought mine used in June, 2009. It only had 38,000 miles on it. I had it in the service repair shop 4 times in the first month of ownership. Twice for suspension problems and twice for door seals. The suspension seems to be ok now but the seals obviously are not. It still sounds like the windows are down when riding above 45mph. The MPG is HORRIBLE! It gets 12, sometimes 13 MPG around town (not heavy traffic either). It has only gotten 16 on the highway. I will not fault Saab. I fault GM for trying to tweak a normal American SUV into a Saab. Maybe I just got a bad one.

The amenities are nice.

MPG and suspension.

Converted to SAAB
By richard

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 9-7 for $14,000 with 35,000 miles. I recently hit 52,000 and the only thing I have replaced are the original tires and standard oil changes. Sweet ride with adequate power and great looks. I have three kids who play sports and the 9-7x has been a great animal and kid hauler. I average 18-19 mpg in Atlanta city and hwy traffic. Best value on the road!

leather seats, sun roof, seats, XM radio, DVD player

MPG, Wind noise, outside driver door / window, 3rd row seat that folds

Good Vehicle for Price
By AK Driver

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle for my wife to transport the kids around. It is very comfortable and roomy for a smaller SUV. The engine does very well for an I6, but fuel mileage could be better (I guess you can have one or the other more power less mileage or more mileage less power). Bought it used and a good investment so far. Had a slight alignment issue, once fixed have had no problems. One frustrating thing is it is very hard to get accessories for this vehicle. Overall good vehicle for the price.

Comfort, reliability, power, and safety for the kids. Fit and finish. All wheel drive is great. Kids love the DVD player.

Need more accessories like bug deflectors and mud guards. Need AUX input. Cup holder in dash a little quirky, need more cup holders. Fuel mileage could be a bit better.

I see another one about once a month...
By 3saabmike

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I needed an SUV for work as I demonstrate medical equipment and have to carry around equipment that weighs 300 pounds and is about the size of a small dresser, so I looked at the SAAB and was impressed. I had driven a Trailblazer for 100k miles before this and there is no comparison. I like the sophisticated looks and the fact that when it breaks I can take advantage of lower priced GM parts bin stuff. This is the main reason I didn't buy the Cayenne. I am at 40,000 miles right now and nothing has gone wrong. The only thing that wore prematurely were the brake rotors at 22,000 miles, which wasn't bad as it only cost a few hundred bucks to fix.

Attractive and unique exterior looks, nice heating and cooling system, good handling.

The cup holders are lame and the transmission gets sort of confused under heavy acceleration.