Used 2006 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

How I Love SAAAB
By Same as above

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

You will fall in love with this Saab. Great handling extreme comfort. Long trips in a SAAB is very comfortable it will become your baby being either male or female gender.

Wonderful SUV
By mt_man

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been great and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The car looks great inside and out (from the front). The ride it terrific and the handling is great for an SUV.

Memory seats, adjustable pedals, all the fun luxury items. Lots of power and very easy/comfortable to drive.

The person who put a 4 speed transmission should be punished. When going over hills, it is constantly searching for gears and often spikes to over 4,000 RPM. Lack of a 5th gear also keeps the RPMs high at highway speed causing poor MPG. The cup holders are not good, specifically the one that pops out of the dash. Can't count the number of cups/bottles that have gone all over the floor. The rear of the car is straight off a Trailblazer/Rainier/Envoy. Saab in the front, Trailblazer in the back is not the most attractive combination.

Good SUV, but short-lived
By Saab Guy 2500

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 9-7X 5.3i a little over a year ago with 56,000 miles. It has been a good vehicle, but I recently have had several complications with it. When it turned about 65,000 miles, I noticed that there was a lot of wind noise on the highway. It sounded like the windows were not shut. I had the doors bent and seals replaced, and that fixed that. Then while gassing it up one day, I started it to find that the gas gauge read that it was empty and I had just filled it full. This was quite a spendy procedure to fix, as the gas tank had to be dropped from underneath. Also, the ride tends to be rough and bouncy. My biggest complaint is the poor MPG (I average 13 in town, 17 on highway).

Bose sound system, AWD, interior design, large storage space, multi-level heated seats, acceleration with the V8.

Fuel Economy, a smoother ride, higher quality seals (They seemed to have used a lot of cheaper quality GM materials).

Great Family Car with Sporty Feel
By Great Family Car wit

2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is fully loaded. Nav, DVD, V8. Handles great, is very reliable. Our daughter feels like the car is part of the family. Great in snow and is faster than my BMW.

Acceleration

Transmission performance not in line with engine capabilities

Frustrated and Fearful
By Frustrated

2006 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SAAB 9.7x just over 2 yrs. Mileage at purchased 23,000. Before my 9.7x, I owned 1998 Lexus ES and 2002 Audi A6. I travel three months out of the year averaging about 300 additional (highway) miles per week. Repairs to date: over $4,000 from wheel suspension and other minor problems. Last week, the fan for heat stopped blowing @ $340 (I live in Iowa); to the most recent problem--the fuel connector quoted at $700+ (fuel shows on "empty"). And now, I have concerns with performance. All this at 68,000 miles! I change the oil every 3,000 miles, align wheels regularly and do the regular checks on all fluids. Sound system gets hot when on for too long. I'm fearful of what's next

Satellite Radio & sound system, comfortable ride, adjustable (lumbar) and heated seats, steering fingertip control; roomy and great for traveling long distances with passengers

Only one dealer in Iowa; need more repair shops. Extend SAAB warranty when purchasing.