Used 2005 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Impressed for Now
By Phillip

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with the purchase so far. You can really notice the change made to the handling by GM. However, a close family memeber has a GMC Envoy and you really see a lot of the same characteristics in the Saab. With GM's history I can only guess that how durable the 9-7 will be. Although, you can't go wrong with the factory offered 4 year bumper to bumper warranty and 3 year service warranty. These were very appealing at purchase. In all, I would recommend the Saab, because I do not beleive you will find anything better for your money.

Favorite Features

Excellent seats and enjoyed the hassle free all inclusive options with the 97x. Rear air compressor is a plus! XM sat. radio and onstar is also impressive. AWD is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Poor design for placement and number of cup holders. Power up windows. Power stering wheel and pedals. Integrate radio ant. No rear cargo mat. Saab/GM should keep less of the GM parts out of the vehicle to give it even more of the Saab feel. Fit issues live up to typical GM car problems.

Unique enough to be a SAAB
By Viggen23

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was a great first attempt by Saab to enter the SUV market. It is basically like a mini-Cadillac Escalade. Great unique styling sets it apart. On a 1000 mile road trip from OR to CA I didn't see another one on the road. Very plush and comfortable on the inside. As a true Saab afficionado, the ignition location in the center makes me feel like this is the real deal and not just a re-badge. Plenty of power, but acceleration up hills is a bit lackluster, I wish it had a turbo like my old 9-5. Fuel economy on the road trip was the as- advertised 21 mpg, luckily it runs on regular unleaded. All in all, great car with plenty of comfort and room to haul your stuff, plus the ability to tow.

Favorite Features

Front fascia design and headlamps. 18 inch wheels. Chrome bezeled gauges. 6- disc in dash changer. Onstar and XM radio. Comfortable, heated seats. Dvd remote control. Built-in air compressor. Rear windshield washer.

Suggested Improvements

It needs more color combinations and options. Place power window buttons in the middle near ignition. Change tail gate design so it's different than GM. Add ventilated seats. Sunroof plus dvd flip down screen or put screens in the headrests.

Saab 9-7X Linear
By DM

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the purchase of my Saab 9-7X Linear. It rides real smooth and has the safety I am looking for. The seating is very comfortable and offers a lot of room. I do find everything too compact. There are not enough areas to store little things. The gas mileage is not very efficient for todays gas problems. I average 15.6 miles to the gallon. That is including both Highway and City driving. This is a luxury SUV in my opinion. They offer onStar and satellite radio free for 3 months.

Favorite Features

Comfort in driving, Bose radio system,

Suggested Improvements

Offer Sirius Satellite radio, more leg room for the back seating area, deeper cup holder for driver, better gas milage, improve the outside mirror knob for better usage,

It's a Steal!
By Moldavian

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Without the GM discount, this SUV is still a great bargain; in fact, at $39K it beats most other luxury SUV's in price. With the GM discount this vehicle is an absolute steal at $33,800 (Linear V6). What a gorgeous interior! Saab did a wonderful job with this GMC/Chevy hybrid. It has a definite Saab feel inside and out. This SUV comes with all of the bells and whistles that you can imagine - standard!

Favorite Features

Beautiful and well-appointed interior. Upgrades that are standard. Price in class. Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

No storage space other than middle console (where do I put my sunglasses or spare change?!). I do not like the laminated windows. If you are in an accident you will not be able to break the glass and escape! This SUV burns gas like like a Hummer! Ouch! $85 a week!!!

Sweet Vehicle
By Kev

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our new Saab 9-7X. It drives like a car and has an elegant look to it. We think Saab has done a great job on the design. When we are out enjoying our Saab, we always get second looks.

Favorite Features

Luxury Interior Cargo Space Air Compressor