Used 2005 Saab 9-7X Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saab 9-7X - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saab 9-7X

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Aircraft engineers.. give me a break
By yntny

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Saab after waiting for a year. I thought it would be a great car. Was I wrong!. This car has been a bomb from the beginning. First my father was the project engineer on the F-14 from its inception So much for born from aircraft engineers.. he hates it. You should hear his comments. I bought it for its supposed sportiness, but I can get my 77 merc 280 sl convert to 80 without a glance and feel safe. This thing can barely hit 65 without me feeling like I'm pushing a tank... and all at an avg. 11.5 a gallon. Oh and 14.3 mpg on a long haul hwy drive.

Reliable mileage, flat cargo space, flat surface to put objects, bumpers that don't crumble, interior that doesn't flood inside.

aircraft engineers rolling in graves
By JES

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My father is one of the designers of the F-14 and is astounded when I tell him how badly this car performs.The jerk-feel when shifting gears.The ridiculous interior design with no space to put anything, the rear cargo space that does not lie flat with rear seats down. The terrible suspension, the inability to seal sound of air from inside car,the front bumper which popped off due to cheap plastic pins (bumpers cost min $1,250). The pulling out of alingment and told it's normal. Blindspots, backing up you can't see a thing! Needs sensors. My Saab had water leak inside of it from rain. The dealer found out why in a release from one of many Saab does not give to owners. I waited for this car. What a waste!

I honestly don't have one compared to other cars I've owned and driven in. There is nothing special about this car

Reduce the size of the fuel box so cargo space lies flat. Better, more fluid transmission, a much better interior design this one is useless. Don't rush a car to market for sale to innocent consumers who expect the performance of a Saab but end up with a car that isn't ready.

Don't buy one
By globaby

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had numerous problems. New heater core, rattling in dash and severe wind noise they can't/won't fix. People keep telling me it looks like a trailblazer. I won't be buying another GM product.

heated seat

wind noise, quality of workmanship

People still turn their heads...
By RP

2005 Saab 9-7X Arc AWD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am enjoying my 9-7x even though the prices at the pump make me question my decision sometimes. People are constantly looking to see what I am driving and honestly I like that. The styling is unique and the V8 is fun too. I haven't had any problems to date and the SUV has been a pleasure to drive. I only wish that the 2005 model had the fuel economy of the newer V8s with displacement on demand (or whatever GM calls it).

Love the V8...very strong and will get your blood pumping. The exterior styling is attractive but the rear end looks a little strange. The air pump in the rear is great for those who like the outdoors!

Better fuel economy in the V8... GM has already addressed this one. Cup holders are not exactly the best but it's not a huge issue.

9-7X Poor Handling in Snow/Ice
By Jerry Clemens

2005 Saab 9-7X Linear AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Now having driven this 9-7x in two mild snow falls here in Reno I can say that the awd is not suitable for winter driving. The awd will not engage until over 20 mph and when driving 0-20mph you have No awd active and this suv goes where it wants when cornering or trying to start up and incline from a dead start. The 9-7X bucks and fishtails and ends up in about a 60 degree angle before if any help comes from the front wheels pulling. Stay with a true 4x4 with 4high, 4low on the fly option. I am returning mine under the "lemon law". Having spun out 6 times in a 14 mile loop to work. Not Safe At Any Speed in Winter. Also, No Tire Chains allowed per Saab,Usa/GM.

Air Compressor,heated seats,curbside mirror drop down when backing up.

Rework the awd to have a manual on dash control to switch from auto 4 wheel/4 high/4 low. Then this Suv would be a winner instead of a danger to all riding in or other cars around when the roadways have snow/slush/ice present.