2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Big Sporty European Cruiser
By sambub on 03/12/12 08:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My black 9-5 with the Turbo4 premium 18" wheels is just beautiful. Much better looking than the A6 or the new 5 series. And, unlike the A6, 9-5 can be had with a 6 speed manual. It's a big, rock-solid car with lots of sport: firm suspension, good steering. It drives much smaller than it is. On the highway the car is buttoned down and whisper quiet. Saab offers a factory authorized power upgrade that brings torque to 300 ft/lbs. Also, car has tons of tech in cabin and engine has the fancy upgrades: direct injection and twin scroll turbo, so 33 mpg HWY so far. Needless to say I am extremely happy!

A Great Car for a Decent Price
By curt51 on 05/04/11 17:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan AWD (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First, I must admit that I'm a Saabophile who is now on his eighth Saab. I've owned a Saab since 1988. By far this is the best Saab since my 1984 900 Turbo. The car is very quiet and comfortable. Plus, the amenities abound and make this a good bargain for the price. I love the exterior looks of the vehicle and I've gotten a number of compliments from complete strangers.

Beautiful and Unique
By bradmad on 04/15/11 07:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car now for 3 weeks and so far it has been a pleasure to drive. I haven't see any others on the road, so it's nice to drive something unique. Handling is responsive, power is adequate and the interior is both comfortable and stylish. Gas mileage is better than rated as well. I'm averaging about 21 in town and have gotten 31 on a recent highway trip of about 100 miles.

just bought new SAAB 9-5 with 1,600 mile on it
By amigabuzz on 01/29/11 23:57 PM (PST)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Started looking at the 9-3s which are similar to our Lexus IS250.. note we have 2 small children and the lexus IS 250 is void of a back seat. 9-3 has fairly roomy back seat, but curious jumped in a 9-5 and wow huge. So tests drove 4 models the 2 aeros with the six cyl and 2 4cyl different dealers and some negotiations now own a 9-5 4cyl. Wow its easy to get the 100mph (waite no police read these - they get company cars) and not know it. Only gripe is the lack of DVD options for the back seat..have to go second party and the coin bin needs better fit, but hey the bin is a below my knees who looks down there.

Change this seat
By euro53 on 01/24/11 09:00 AM (PST)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been waiting 10 years for this car. I drove 3 premiums and 2 Aeros. I've been Saab owner of 4 cars since 1982. I love them especially for the best seat ever in any automobile.GM managed to stick this car with a Buick Lacrosse seat. There was no comfortable position to get the lumbar out of my back. I've spent 2 hours total in this car. The fan and instrument controls are tiny, and could be hard to see while driving.Rear view is not good.Trunk opening ala GM, huge lip in back, hard to put in bags. The 2 liter 4 cylinder is quick enough, and should save gas, while the Aero AWD seems heavy. If they fix the seat, I would buy one Dealer said TOO BAD, as I stuck the check back in my pocket.

Great Car from an New Company
By gbytes on 12/13/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan AWD (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I received my 2011 9-5 Laser Red Aero today. It is visually different from anything on the road and IMHO signals the beginning of a new era for Saab. I have been fortunate to own several high end Audi, BMW, and Mercedes automobiles. When shopping for a car this time I wanted something different from those (excellent) German vehicles. The 2011 9-5 is beautifully made and a very tasteful exercise in restraint. Having recently traded in my A8L it is nice to have a break from chrome and wood. The 9-5 feels very secure on the road and the 2.8L provides more than adequate performance. The pot holed B roads in New England do not break the cars composure even with the optional 19" wheels.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Saab 9-5 Sedan in VA is:

$116 per month*