Used 2011 Saab 9-5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:

Big Sporty European Cruiser
By sambub

2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My black 9-5 with the Turbo4 premium 18" wheels is just beautiful. Much better looking than the A6 or the new 5 series. And, unlike the A6, 9-5 can be had with a 6 speed manual. It's a big, rock-solid car with lots of sport: firm suspension, good steering. It drives much smaller than it is. On the highway the car is buttoned down and whisper quiet. Saab offers a factory authorized power upgrade that brings torque to 300 ft/lbs. Also, car has tons of tech in cabin and engine has the fancy upgrades: direct injection and twin scroll turbo, so 33 mpg HWY so far. Needless to say I am extremely happy!

Favorite Features

Look: exterior and wheels, size with big back seat, 6spd manual and 300 ft/lbs of torque, very solid and very quiet, and good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

a few software bugs in infotainment system that I haven't bothered to get fixed yet.

A Great Car for a Decent Price
By curt51

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero 4dr Sedan AWD (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First, I must admit that I'm a Saabophile who is now on his eighth Saab. I've owned a Saab since 1988. By far this is the best Saab since my 1984 900 Turbo. The car is very quiet and comfortable. Plus, the amenities abound and make this a good bargain for the price. I love the exterior looks of the vehicle and I've gotten a number of compliments from complete strangers.

Favorite Features

I love the handling of the Aero model and the XWD system in snow and in bad weather. The car also has a "night panel" feature that turns off all dash lighting except for the speedometer which reduces eye strain at night. I also enoy the USB connection for my IPOD which means I don't have to limit myself to a few CDs in the car. I also like the "Drive Sense" system which allows the driver to switch driving modes of the car to either sport, comfort or intelligent. In the sport mode, the system firms up the dampers and increases the shift points of the transmission to get more performance out of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

My car came without the passive entry system which is supposed to be standard equipment on all 9-5s. This system allows the driver to simply walk up to the car with the key somewhere in his pockets and open the car doors without using the keyless remote. It also allows the driver to lock the car by touching the door handle sensor. I'm disappointed the car is missing something that is supposed to be standard equipment.

Beautiful and Unique
By bradmad

2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car now for 3 weeks and so far it has been a pleasure to drive. I haven't see any others on the road, so it's nice to drive something unique. Handling is responsive, power is adequate and the interior is both comfortable and stylish. Gas mileage is better than rated as well. I'm averaging about 21 in town and have gotten 31 on a recent highway trip of about 100 miles.

Favorite Features

Styling, easy to use Nav system, altimeter type speedometer, heads up display, power folding exterior mirrors help garage space

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have two reverse lights. Everyone tells me I have a bulb out and I explain it's a Saab and it only has one.

just bought new SAAB 9-5 with 1,600 mile on it
By amigabuzz

2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Started looking at the 9-3s which are similar to our Lexus IS250.. note we have 2 small children and the lexus IS 250 is void of a back seat. 9-3 has fairly roomy back seat, but curious jumped in a 9-5 and wow huge. So tests drove 4 models the 2 aeros with the six cyl and 2 4cyl different dealers and some negotiations now own a 9-5 4cyl. Wow its easy to get the 100mph (waite no police read these - they get company cars) and not know it. Only gripe is the lack of DVD options for the back seat..have to go second party and the coin bin needs better fit, but hey the bin is a below my knees who looks down there.

Favorite Features

handelinh and speed..turbo is a blast to watch the needle ...cockpit feel around the driver and hey I dont see hundreds of these cars linedup at intersection like BMW and Mercedes in Sunny South Florida....

Suggested Improvements

just better fit to the coin bin..

Change this seat
By euro53

2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been waiting 10 years for this car. I drove 3 premiums and 2 Aeros. I've been Saab owner of 4 cars since 1982. I love them especially for the best seat ever in any automobile.GM managed to stick this car with a Buick Lacrosse seat. There was no comfortable position to get the lumbar out of my back. I've spent 2 hours total in this car. The fan and instrument controls are tiny, and could be hard to see while driving.Rear view is not good.Trunk opening ala GM, huge lip in back, hard to put in bags. The 2 liter 4 cylinder is quick enough, and should save gas, while the Aero AWD seems heavy. If they fix the seat, I would buy one Dealer said TOO BAD, as I stuck the check back in my pocket.

Favorite Features

Interior dash layout,front design, quietness,unique look.

Suggested Improvements

Put in 2007 seats, dump GM parts. Make a real hatchback. Cheap wooden dash and console ruins image. How about a more powerful 4 cylinder.Noboby liked this GM 6!