2008 Saab 9-5 Consumer Review: My 5th Saab Is A Real Winner

2008 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Review

2008 Saab 9-5

Base Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

My 5th Saab Is A Real Winner
By John on

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning four Saab 900 through 9-3 convertibles, I thought (actually my kids thought) it was time for a change. Something about no rear legroom. My new 9-5 is a gem and as rare as can be equipped with a smooth shifting five speed manual transmission. It's the perfect combination with the powerful 2.3L turbo. I love to drive this vehicle! I test drove a BMW 5 series and was very unhappy with the feel of the manual transmission and the amount of room inside. For the price I paid, I could not have done better. I smile every time I open the door. If you are looking at a near luxury vehicle - do yourself a favor and test drive the Saab 9-5 sedan or wagon.

Manual transmission, XM radio and the radio system itself, Seating comfort, sunroof, headlamp throw,wood shift knob (dealer installed), steering feel, build quality, rear legroom, trunk capacity, miles per gallon (60% Highway, 40% City w/5500 miles, average is: 26.94mpg).

The automatic Heating and A/C controls really need some work. I'm an engineer and still can't figure out how to start the car without the fan speed going to max and the A/C unit turning on. No big deal as I simply press "ECON" and set the temperature.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review