2008 Saab 9-5 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Hopefully the SECRET will live

2008 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Review

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Base Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Hopefully the SECRET will live on...
By MD on

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased my Saab after needing a sedan to mate with my Suburban that achieves a more corporate style, without going over the top. I have had my eye on the 9-5 for years. This is the best SECRET car buy out there. Like other reviewers, I was able to get mine at a great price and although it lacks some refinement, this is a great car. Highway driving I get 30mpg and in the curves it is a fun car to drive. My wife drives a Volvo XC70, which we love for its utility and space with two children and a dog, but the Saab has it beat! The Suburban is a living room on wheels with 4WD; great for trips and the outdoors. The Saab is just plain FUN and I get compliments all the time.

Favorite Features

The best seats around, turbo from 50-80, the lack of turbo lag, mpg, the stereo and XM and finally the idea that I paid what I did and drive what I have...

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder and additional 12V outlets. I can live and be happy with everything else. I did find a set of Saab OEM rims and had snow tires put on them in anticipation of the winter of 2009. We'll see how much this improves an already good snow runner.