2008 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Was nice until Saab went bankrupt
By labluebabe on 07/15/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

40k MSRP new, its lost $27k trade in value in 4 years. Thanks for going bankrupt SAAB, now our car is near worthless and we're upside down on the loan! There are no replacement parts, there are no authorized service dealerships in the USA anymore, and there's nobody who is willing to buy this car off us at a reasonable price (because it's unreasonable to want a car that you won't be able to fix when something breaks). It drove fine, has quite a few features but it's become an antique in just 4 years. All the new cars out now have nice touchscreens and bluetooth and backup cameras.

An outstanding Swede
By Dan Sim on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had 17 Saabs of all variants since 1966. The Aero is the fastest safest and the most attractive of all. It has all the useful gadgets with out too much trendy clutter. audio is outstanding. The 235x17 tires, P6, are a bit noisy is a compromise for great performance. I am happy to get the final version of the 9000-95 evolution.I have had 2 of each. The orig. 86 9000T, a 91 9000T, a 01 95t Arc and now the 98 Aero. The 2.3 turbo remains a great motor, better than most 50% above its size. The Aero joins my 07 93, 74 Sonnett,73 96 v-4 and 68 96 v-4 in the driveway.

Hopefully the SECRET will live on...
By MD on 07/16/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased my Saab after needing a sedan to mate with my Suburban that achieves a more corporate style, without going over the top. I have had my eye on the 9-5 for years. This is the best SECRET car buy out there. Like other reviewers, I was able to get mine at a great price and although it lacks some refinement, this is a great car. Highway driving I get 30mpg and in the curves it is a fun car to drive. My wife drives a Volvo XC70, which we love for its utility and space with two children and a dog, but the Saab has it beat! The Suburban is a living room on wheels with 4WD; great for trips and the outdoors. The Saab is just plain FUN and I get compliments all the time.

Excellent car, great time to buy!
By Ed T on 06/09/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am extremely pleased with my new 2008 Saab 9-5. With all of the rebates that GM is currently offering on new 2008's and a little negotiation, I was able to snag mine for under $24k, which is a STEAL for a car like this. After driving this car for a month, I couldn't be happier. The 260hp turbo engine makes highway driving a blast, and the car handles very nicely in town. I can understand the harsh reviews given a $40k msrp and the quality of interior materials for a car in this price range, but for $24k I think you'd be hard-pressed to find fault.

9-5, nice
By BD on 06/04/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 9-5 is a roomy sedan, with a comfortable ride. A lot of the features of a much more expensive car. Silver snow metallic paint in conjunction with wheels looks sharp. Nice car.

Excellent car
By smb on 10/24/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car I got one with 5 spd manual and it is a blast to drive. Aero package is awesome while twisting and turning at speeds. Turbo is great, turbo lug almost non-existent. It is the best value for a station wagon under 40K.

My 5th Saab Is A Real Winner
By John on 10/21/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning four Saab 900 through 9-3 convertibles, I thought (actually my kids thought) it was time for a change. Something about no rear legroom. My new 9-5 is a gem and as rare as can be equipped with a smooth shifting five speed manual transmission. It's the perfect combination with the powerful 2.3L turbo. I love to drive this vehicle! I test drove a BMW 5 series and was very unhappy with the feel of the manual transmission and the amount of room inside. For the price I paid, I could not have done better. I smile every time I open the door. If you are looking at a near luxury vehicle - do yourself a favor and test drive the Saab 9-5 sedan or wagon.

Fast, spacious, classy
By Adrian on 10/07/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After driving several fleet Saab 9-5s in Norway, we bought one when moving to Canada. It's roomy, has great pace on the highway and (from the Norway experience) good dynamics on hard pack snow, despite not being 4WD. Comes with lots of great gadgets (for the price) which fortunately do not lead to a profusion of switches and clutter. Only gripe is the easily marked interior plastic surfaces.

Hidden Secret
By john on 07/08/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car that no one knows about. I've owned BMW, Audi and VW, and the Saab, for the money, beats them all! GM should leverage this company for more of its designs in this fuel conscious age. After incentives, etc., this car is nearly $17,000 less than a BMW or Audi! Plus it has a GREAT warranty and nice options. If you want a nameplate, look elsewhere, but anyone that wants a solid and practical car should look at SAAB. I just wish GM would market them better!!

Great performer but lots of noises
By steve G on 03/31/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my 5th Saab. Very comfortable, fun to drive. Just completed a 300 mile trip and got an honest 32 mpg. The only problem are the various rattles and chirps which come and go. Dealer can't seem to fix them. Had the same issue with my 2006 95. If little rattles annoy you, you'd better go elsewhere. otherwise a lot of car for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.