2007 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
I'm a real wannabe Saab guy
By donaldtrump on 07/20/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Saab. I don't care much about stuff, but my Saab has captured my heart and won't let go. I'm writing this review today because I just crashed my Saab and it's at the body shop being assessed. It's possible my Saab won't make it. Prayers accepted.

Do Not Buy Unless You're Rich!
By veadp on 05/16/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a 2007 Saab 9-5 Aero with Automatic Transmission. It has 93,000km. Do Not Buy This Car Unless Money Grows On Trees For You! If the car is working, it's a joy to drive, extremely comfortable, nice and responsive, with just enough power. However, this car is known for Ignition Coil Issues and Fuel Pump Issues, among other things. Normally, these parts are readily available and relatively inexpensive to replace, however, Saab just had to be like BMW, Benz and Audi and the cost to replace parts are ridiculously Expensive and Only the OEM parts will work! I had to replace the Igntion Coils ($500), the MAF Sensor ($250) and Fuel Pump ($500). And the car still doesn't work properly!

Poor man's luxury sport
By tbill2 on 08/22/11 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For some reason there are a glut of these 9-5s off-lease and available at reasonable prices. I'm basically happy with mine, it's been reliable, a good and economical performer although mine is plagued with the same as others gripe about; harsh ride at slower speeds and a persistent rattle. The turbo provides abundant acceleration (sport mode is a blast) and the car is a dream to drive in tight x-way traffic. It has the best brakes I've ever experienced, very comfortable seats, excellent sound system, and it looks classy (IMO). My Saab dealer has also been responsive thus far. No real worries.

2007 Saab 95 Wagon
By chgoguy11 on 07/02/11 17:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love the 2.3 turbo engine, very brisk especially in Sport mode, but very economical too. Smooth ride, very comfortable seats, could drive this all day long. I had a 2001 95 wagon up to 112,000 miles and was still going strong. Saab made many improvements over the years, while keeping things that work well. Gone are the wanky Info panel and Climate panel with the disappearing numbers. They kept the stalwart 2.3 turbo and updated the styling just enough to make it modern but still look like a Saab. I will keep buying Saabs!

Fun and practical vehicle
By Acura-man on 04/06/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in my 2007 Honda Pilot for this wagon in Jan 2010 - vehicle only had 15k miles on it. I haven't been disappointed. Although I did lose a lot of room, this car is just so much more practical and convenient. It was a pain to load my bikes onto the SUV, but this roof-line is lower and easier to do; I also have a canoe (yeah, you don't see many Saab owners driving around with canoes!) - also much easier to load. The car is solid, fun to drive, and comes standard with so many features. I also have a 2007 Acura (and have always had Honda), so it's a new experience to drive the Saab. It's extremely fast, great styling, and many of the features seem a-ha (like the dual sunshades).

Fun to Drive
By Eric Burt on 02/15/10 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I decided to buy this car (a 2007 w/ 45,000 miles)- over the 2007 Honda Accord & 2007 Toyota Camry -after test driving all three. This car is the best ride of all three - by a long shot. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a vehicle - it has great power - 260 HP w/ turbo- and a smooth, quiet ride. Better ride than my wife's Mercedes- Benz ML 340. Long live SAAB !

Third Saab
By windwomen on 01/23/10 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nice car! Runs better on Super fuel. The front seat very cozy, back seats nice but not as much room as older models. Pretty sweet to look at in black.

A distinct vehicle
By aubrey on 07/28/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Totally enjoy the vehicle after going through two BMWs. The handling is terrific and I am totally surprised at the mileage - 21 city and 30 to 33 on highway. It has more than adequate power and rides nicely. Could improve on the cup holder. Add one. A distinct looking vehicle, particularly in black.

Still a Head-Turner!
By Daniel on 05/10/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fourth Saab. Very happy with the car overall. I like the old dashboard better from 1999-2005 (Seems more classic Saab than GM). Nice ownership experience from Saab, bought me back from Subaru.

Best Bang for Buck
By gummibear on 04/22/09 05:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Aero Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

People too often make the mistake of comparing the 9-5 with top luxury car makers (BMW, Audi, Lex, etc). The only problem is that such a comparison doesn't take into consideration that those cars cost at least $20-30k more when you start factoring comparable extras. In its price class the Saab 9-5 is simply the best value offering sporty power and handling, great comfort (seats + interior roominess), decent gas mileage and a unique design. Really this car is equal parts fun and functional. While the 2.3L turbo takes you 0-60mph in 6.7s, what is really impressive is how it performs in its unique power band (40-70mph). In that range you are accelerating faster than a Porsche 911 Carrera.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.