Used 2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:

Finally Bought One - No Regrets
By highegt

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Styling like nothing else - gets looks from all sorts of folks - very fast car, especially when selecting sport mode - easily gets to autobahn speeds and slows back down - handles great - gas mileage is in the 30's driving from LI through NYC to NJ and back each day. As long as I drive normal - very comfortable with great sound system sunroof open has no cabin buffet - wagon design very useful with kids. Regarding vibration complaints in other reviews, this is a 4 cyl putting out 260HP - you want an appliance, buy something else. Great used value!

Favorite Features

Turbo, seats, stereo, powertrain engineering, looks, functionality, fuel economy and trick front cup holder.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics need to be reduced, coin holder.

Second Saab Wagon
By Craig

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this to replace my 2001 95 Aero wagon which had 118,000 miles. Lots of progress in the evolution of the car. More comfortable, but still handling and performing great. I drive from Ct. to NYC frequently, and appreciate a nice car that still gets good gas mileage. I am very happy in this car, even if I am stuck in traffic.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, ergonomics, and appearance. Still like the fact that I don't see it coming and going. Resale value is poor, so it is a great bargain on the used market.

Suggested Improvements

Make parts less expensive. Headlights burn out too quickly, and are tough to get to in order to replace.

Great Value
By Daniel

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned this car for 2 months and compared to 5 Series BMWs, Mercedes E Class, and the Audi A6, Saab gives you more car for the money

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the quality of the sound system

Suggested Improvements

Annoying vibration noises in the cab. Dealership trying to figure this out. Need better cup holders for front seat passengers

SPAAB 9-5 Sport-Combi
By BeefaBoy

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We call this thing the Spaab, it's like being at a day spa. I've been interested in Saabs since the early 80s when I was stationed in Germany, always loved their quirky styling. This is my first and it's an incredibly comfortable and capable vehicle. Fantastic acceleration and handling. Very roomy and well designed interior. There's a bit of acceleration steer when you really jump on it, but this car inspires you to just take it easy and enjoy the ride so not much of that anyway. I have however had it up over 110 MPH and you would never know unless you gazed at the speedometer. I have thought about getting rid of all my other cars and getting another Saab, maybe the 9-3 convertible!

Favorite Features

Interior - I've driven every car on the planet and nothing compares to the comfort of this vehicle! The acceleration and handling is nothing to scoff at either. Unless there are major reliability issues in the future I am a Saab buyer for life.

Suggested Improvements

It could use a stiffer suspension, I had a Bimmer in Tuscany last year cruising the switchbacks through the mountains there, this car would not have done as well but nothing under $45K gives you the total package you get with this vehicle.

Saab 9-5 Combi
By AZJim

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Wasn't even considering Saab. Found out about the deals on 2006 models and went to check them out. Found one of only 3 2006 SportCombi's left in AZ. Test drove it and fell in love. This wagon hugs the road and is mighty quick.The ventilated seats are awesome especially here in AZ!! Sentronic is fun. Great sound system and loads of cargo space. Love It!!!

Favorite Features

Absolute fun car to drive. Sport mode button really makes the Saab jump!! Great stereo with xm and front aux input for iPod/mp3

Suggested Improvements

One more cupholder and improved storage in center console. Pretty minor stuff.