2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Finally Bought One - No Regrets
By highegt on 07/11/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Styling like nothing else - gets looks from all sorts of folks - very fast car, especially when selecting sport mode - easily gets to autobahn speeds and slows back down - handles great - gas mileage is in the 30's driving from LI through NYC to NJ and back each day. As long as I drive normal - very comfortable with great sound system sunroof open has no cabin buffet - wagon design very useful with kids. Regarding vibration complaints in other reviews, this is a 4 cyl putting out 260HP - you want an appliance, buy something else. Great used value!

Second Saab Wagon
By Craig on 04/20/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this to replace my 2001 95 Aero wagon which had 118,000 miles. Lots of progress in the evolution of the car. More comfortable, but still handling and performing great. I drive from Ct. to NYC frequently, and appreciate a nice car that still gets good gas mileage. I am very happy in this car, even if I am stuck in traffic.

Great Value
By Daniel on 11/11/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned this car for 2 months and compared to 5 Series BMWs, Mercedes E Class, and the Audi A6, Saab gives you more car for the money

SPAAB 9-5 Sport-Combi
By BeefaBoy on 05/21/07 06:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We call this thing the Spaab, it's like being at a day spa. I've been interested in Saabs since the early 80s when I was stationed in Germany, always loved their quirky styling. This is my first and it's an incredibly comfortable and capable vehicle. Fantastic acceleration and handling. Very roomy and well designed interior. There's a bit of acceleration steer when you really jump on it, but this car inspires you to just take it easy and enjoy the ride so not much of that anyway. I have however had it up over 110 MPH and you would never know unless you gazed at the speedometer. I have thought about getting rid of all my other cars and getting another Saab, maybe the 9-3 convertible!

Saab 9-5 Combi
By AZJim on 04/29/07 01:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Wasn't even considering Saab. Found out about the deals on 2006 models and went to check them out. Found one of only 3 2006 SportCombi's left in AZ. Test drove it and fell in love. This wagon hugs the road and is mighty quick.The ventilated seats are awesome especially here in AZ!! Sentronic is fun. Great sound system and loads of cargo space. Love It!!!

Second Saab wagon
By nelsoncm on 04/11/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a nice car for a small family of 3, plus 1 dog. The 06 ride is fairly smooth (for a Saab) and as always, wonderful on the freeway. What brought me back to Saab for a second time was the comfy, supportive seats. Unlike Volvo, headrest is adjustable, which is nice when you're short. All the amenities are here, heated seats, satellite radio, moonroof. Roomier back seat than many other wagons. Decent warranty. Only one problem in first 6 months, a faulty airbag sensor, which was fixed under warranty. Because it's a 4-cyl, gets great mileage. They manage to get 260 hp out of this little engine, so it moves, though there is more turbo lag than in my old v-6.

Great value and fun to drive!
By saabie on 02/18/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 10th Saab and I really can't seem to drive anything else and enjoy it. This is my first 9-5 and I love it! Tremendous acceleration and handling with very little gas mileage loss. Much better sound system than my 9-3 Linear. End of the year savings made this an absolute steal!

Great Family Car
By godango on 02/14/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When shopping for a new car, we knew we wanted a wagon for economy, easy of use and sporty drive (cross-overs are still bulky SUVs in sheep's clothing). Among wagons, the Saab really stood out. Great style and hands down the most comfortable seats bar none. We used the new Saab on our drive to Florida from Ohio. The Saab rocked - excellent acceleration on the highway and great handling through the West Virginia mountains in heavy rain. The car felt safe and secure on the road. The turbo 4 had plenty of juice for passing and climbing - the V6 complaint is just silly. The car also has done really well with all the snow this winter with the traction control doing its job.

Affordable luxury
By Bob on 01/23/07 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

One of best choices for a wagon if you need comfort and don't want to pay big $. The only reason to go for MB or BMW is RWD but everything else is right here. This car is even cheaper than Volvo, not that harsh to drive like Subaru Legacy.

Jet Fighter with Cargo, uses Reg Gas!
By Paul F on 12/06/06 13:10 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 Wagon SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're into performance and styling but need a wagon (for family) and conscious of gas price, then the Saab 9-5 Aero SportCombi tops them all. This car is meant to be driven so hang on (esp. Sports mode) - you'll feel the G force! Tremendous acceleration, agility, cargo, brakes and sound (Harman-Kardon). Drinks regular gas & retains performance. Recommend the Aero (Sports) & Safety Pack - best value, everything except GPS. Great reliability. Only con: could use a bit more upgraded interior. Prev car: BMW-5 350i Euro.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.