2006 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Old Design, But Still Works
By Derreck on 02/24/09 08:13 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this vehicle used. Was a GMAC off lease vehicle with only 23,000 miles. Love that I don't see many on the road. I understand that this car is basically the same as it was 10 years ago, but it is fun to drive and feels very solid and still looks modern. It's too bad SAAB is in so much financial trouble. I believe had they priced their vehicles more in the VW range instead of the BMW range they would have sold in much greater numbers and turned a profit.

9-5 Saab Owner Review
By vtliving on 04/06/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned and driven Saab vehicles for decades. From the Saab 900 to this current model - the 9-5 sedan. This is the best built and best handling Saab I have ever owned. The GM marriage seems to have improved overall quality in several key areas; climate control for one - now first rate quality. This car is roomy, responsive and fun to drive. The Front wheel drive and traction control make this vehicle exceptional in snow and winter driving conditions. I put on four studded snow tires and can safely go where ANY 4x4 can travel, up mountain roads and through ice and snow covered terrain.

My new Saab was designed by 16 amateurs
By never again Saab/GM on 03/03/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After first few thousand miles the car began to disintegrate and deteriorate, forcing me to spend 2-3 times a month in a dealer shop; with each repair lasting 3-4 hours. The roof, body, upholstery, front panel, and doorsÂ’ trim rattling and noises are getting intolerable with adding passengers; giving the impression the car will loose pieces or break apart. On cold days doors would not close/lock. Hinges must be lubricated and tied up every 1K miles. Driver seat and steering vibrates at idling. The car occasionally pulling sharply to the left. Terrible 16-18 mpg on hwy. Car is difficult to fix, new problems introduced with every repair. Have to wait 30 days for new parts; Saab offer no loaners

Nice ride
By Ron L on 09/24/07 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nice ride, fine fuel economy for a car with this power and room inside. Great car for a sales person who is in the car all day. I am loving this car! I live in Canada and run with 4 snows in winter and the car is safe and sound in ice and snow. ABS, ESP make for a nice combo on the ice covered roads.

Excellent Value and Performance
By ChrisG on 05/17/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned my 9-5 for 6 months now and still love it as much as the day I drove it home. For me, there's no other car out right now that provides the same balance of value, performance, COMFORT, fuel economy and style. The 9-5 in Sport Mode makes any trip fun, as when you stomp on the gas the car just squats down and launches. A warning, though, 75 mph feels like about 50 so make sure to set the cruise. I also love the fact that I can haul 3 other adults on long road trips and get nothing but compliments on the interior comfort. Passengers especially love the heated rear seats in the winter.

Underestimated
By SaabNY on 02/07/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased my 2006 9-5 with end of year incentives. We already had a Saab 9-3 in the family which we like a lot. I'm very happy stepping up to the 9-5. Similiar understated luxury but with better interior quality and design. I now have 10,000 miles and zero problems. The 9-5 may not be the most modern car on the road but I think the long production run has given Saab a chance to refine the platform and fix a lot of early production issues. Despite some GM parts, the 9-5 still has lots of Saab feel and luckily manages to NOT feel like any GM vehicle that I've ever driven.

The Best of Exotic Cars
By Misha_from_Mpls on 02/06/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Having a degree in automotive engineering, I do respect innovation and technology. I looked at cars across several classes. Then I discovered the 9-5. The best look of 'this' side of most exotic Italian cars. Best balance of ride and comfort. Super smart engineering. 9-5 is smarter than you - make sure you read the manual and break in carefully. Only MB & Saab made through 1 mln mile mark. Quality piece of machinery. Every unique feature has a purpose.

Amazing car for the price!
By clg on 01/10/07 08:56 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2006 Saab 9-5 is a WHOLE lot of car for its price and an amazing sports sedan/highway cruiser. Most optional features that get quite expensive on other cars come standard on the 9-5 including seat/mirror memory buttons, dual power seats, heated front & rear seats, in-dash 6 cd changer. Comfy and easy to use interior that is great for traveling even long distances with 4 people. Great performance - it's scary how much pull this engine has. Floor it to 80 mph and it feels like the 9-5 isn't even breathing hard, plus you feel like you're only traveling about 55 mph! Yes, there's a bit of torque steer if you floor it but, hey, I think that makes the car a bit more exciting to drive :)

Great buy for the money
By DED on 01/02/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My first Saab. All the bells and whistles of a luxury car and then some-- for many, many $1000s less than the Euro or Japanese luxury cars. Great ride with plenty of power. This unique 4 cylinder gives great gas mileage (34 MPG at 65-70 mph) and has the power to move out at interstate passing speeds. Don't have to pay top dollars for a great car. Styling is classy and you don't see many Saab 9-5s on the road. A great car which I highly recommend.

2006 Saab 9-5
By flipper on 06/17/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I used to own 2 volvos, an 859 and a volvo v70 which died way before it's time or so they say. I love my new saab. while not as well gadgeted inside, it is really sporty and fun to drive. Anyway the saab is fun to drive unlike any other wagon i've driven and is sporty looking too. I liked my car so much I bought a 9-3 convertible to go with it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.