2006 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Best SAAB i've owned
By jaydee61 on 01/26/13 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I owned 4 Saab (all 9-3) and must say that the 9-5 is solid and very reliable. City driving is so-so but highway is superb. My wife would not trade this car for anything. She test droves several SUV's and feels safer in the SAAB!

First SAAB
By Gerick on 05/12/10 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned Acura, BMW, and VW. After test driving the above cars plus others, The 9-5 had the perfect balance of sport and luxury, comfort and elegance. Its a driver's car. You feel connected to the road which I enjoy experiencing. Above all, its a unique car which not every one has.

Beautiful Car
By nediamnori on 02/08/10 04:39 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pictures do not do this car justice. I love the fact they dont look the same as most vehicles. So what if they look like a "SAAB". Thats what I want. You can spend the same on a used Pontiac but I gurantee most SAAB's are kept up way better because the owners LOVE them so much. I love cleaning and caring for it. The little quirks u may find "annoying" I love. What cars have a cup holder(s) like a Saab 9-5 ? The trunk is huge. Its a common sense great vehicle. 5 stars

A Mixed Bag-Fun, Economical but Fragile
By Mendelation on 09/06/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

There's a lot to like in this car. Good combination of power and fuel economy. Lots of room in the interior and trunk. Unique car that you don't see everyday. However, the quality leaves much to be desired. The engine at idle send vibrations through the whole car and lots of interior pieces now vibrate. Lots of wind noise. Air bag problems, sun roof rattle problems, loss of coolant on trip, gas gauge failure. I worry about the long term durability of this car.

Finally Bought One - No Regrets
By highegt on 07/11/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Styling like nothing else - gets looks from all sorts of folks - very fast car, especially when selecting sport mode - easily gets to autobahn speeds and slows back down - handles great - gas mileage is in the 30's driving from LI through NYC to NJ and back each day. As long as I drive normal - very comfortable with great sound system sunroof open has no cabin buffet - wagon design very useful with kids. Regarding vibration complaints in other reviews, this is a 4 cyl putting out 260HP - you want an appliance, buy something else. Great used value!

Second Saab Wagon
By Craig on 04/20/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this to replace my 2001 95 Aero wagon which had 118,000 miles. Lots of progress in the evolution of the car. More comfortable, but still handling and performing great. I drive from Ct. to NYC frequently, and appreciate a nice car that still gets good gas mileage. I am very happy in this car, even if I am stuck in traffic.

Old Design, But Still Works
By Derreck on 02/24/09 08:13 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this vehicle used. Was a GMAC off lease vehicle with only 23,000 miles. Love that I don't see many on the road. I understand that this car is basically the same as it was 10 years ago, but it is fun to drive and feels very solid and still looks modern. It's too bad SAAB is in so much financial trouble. I believe had they priced their vehicles more in the VW range instead of the BMW range they would have sold in much greater numbers and turned a profit.

More rattles than a box of biscuits
By charles pinnick on 02/05/09 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Lovely car for the price but unfortunately I bought it new and could not get much of a deal. I am a slender 170lbs yet the cushion bottom on my leather ventilated sport-seats has gone nearly flat and I am sitting on the frame. Dealership said they fixed it by putting a new one in (and billing Saab no doubt) but I believe they simply turned it over and puffed it out. Bad for the back - and that is one of the reasons I bought my second Saab 9-5. The rattles on this car KILL me. The plastics are low-grade economy plastics and there are more rattles in this new design than there were in the older vehicle. These new vintages suffer from shoddier plastics--Saab says 1 yr on rattles-bs!

Great Value
By Daniel on 11/11/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-5 SportCombi 4dr Wagon w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned this car for 2 months and compared to 5 Series BMWs, Mercedes E Class, and the Audi A6, Saab gives you more car for the money

No Saab story here........
By UMR Engineer on 05/18/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-5 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We'd give this, our second Saab an A. Very few criticisms (see below). Styling is great. Really fun to drive. Lots of room.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.