2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Happy so far
By chris on 12/27/09 15:16 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Arc 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought an Arc wagon off-lease; it is really an excellent value and a lot of car for the money. It has all the modern passive and active safety features, and feels very secure on the road. The Swedish seats are the most comfortable in the business. Super ride quality and excellent mileage on the freeway- this is a great commuter car. The suspension definitely favors ride over cornering, but the Saab is plenty responsive with quick steering and good feedback. The 2.3T motor is a torquey beast- it pulls from 40-70 mph in the blink of an eye.

Excellent car so far & very good value
By LASaab on 11/10/08 21:46 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

2.5 years and 35,000 miles in LA traffic, and no real complaints. A few minor service items, but the car has been very reliable (as was the 2001 that I had before it). Superb highway cruiser. Smooth & quiet, with good acceleration once you get over about 15 MPH. Excellent value for the money. This was engineered to be a BMW 5 series competitor in its day, and the quality level is in that category.

Fine car but not bullet proof
By Robert Green on 09/06/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Arc 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife is the primary driver, but we've both logged enough miles to form an opinion. First, the good: handling, acceleration, brakes, ride comfort. Looks good in an understated way from all angles. Love that tight turning circle. Wife loves the turbo boost, cargo space and six-way seat. 26-28 mpg with manual transmission. The midnight blue, she found, is not invisible to police radar however. The not so good: ABS and water pumps failed, some headlight relay issues, rear ABS sensor/hub replaced. All under warranty. Road noise a bit high with Pirellis and replacement Bridgestone Potenzas. On balance we're aiming for 200K, but expect it will not be a cheap ride.

Saab 9-5 wagon did not disappoint
By deacane on 12/29/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Arc 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased based upon Consumer Reports ratings. I wasn't crazy about the rims on the Arc, but I replaced them with 17-inch rims and Pirelli speed-rated tires, and the wagon is almost perfect. Great car, great performance (7.0 0-60), and 32.5 mpg on the highway. What's not to love?

Best Saab So Far
By shelbysaab on 11/28/05 14:26 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned 4 Saabs, and this is the best one yet. I've never had a car that offers so much performance and economy along with comfort and a reasonable price. Saab should do more to promote the 9-5, it really is alot of car for the money. I'm sure it would be a best seller if it was available in All-Wheel-Drive

Best Car EVER!!!
By Princess_With_A_Saab on 10/21/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Linear 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first car. My mom wanted me to have a Saab because thats all my whole family drives and I wanted something like a sports car because they're cute...but now that I have my car I love it so much...I was in an accident with a Saab 2 years ago and if we werent in that car we probably wouldnt have made it its such a great car I love my Saab!!!

best there is
By steve on 07/29/05 20:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The AERO is a wonderful car.It handles great, acclerates remarkably, and is beautiful in and out. The seats are the most comfortable I have eve sat in, and it gets 28 miles to the gallon.

Glitches Anyone
By Chris Stevens on 07/07/05 05:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Linear 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Saab and maybe my last. I have numerous little annoying things take place. Cruise control stopped wrking for a month, roll over gas tank valve failed - can't pump gas into it, inexplicable oil leak & resulting engine knock, failed starter module - would not start, Auto setting for AC does not work consistently. But other than that the car has been great. 26k in 10mos on an 04 9-5 Wagon 2.3T. The car drives great, suspension is softter than my wife's Volvo XC70 - I would prefer less dive & roll and firmer, but it drives beautifully and gets 28-29 mpg on my 110mile commute. My stock Pirelli P6's grip well and quite.

Saab 9-5 Arc
By sl on 03/19/05 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Arc 2.3T 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car handles like a dream, has the power needed in a quick start or emergency, but gets the gas mileage of a much less gutsy car.

wicked fun wagon
By tahcan on 02/10/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded a G500 mercedes (which was a in the shop 41 days in the 8 months I owned it) on this great wagon which continues to amaze me everytime we stuff it full of stuff and still get in the high 20's on the highway. It is a manual which is a hoot to drive, it is excellent (with snow tires) in the fluffy stuff, handles very well, comfortable for 5 plus the dogs in back. I am not sure why there are not many more of these wagons out there. It kicks the volvo in turning radius by some 9 feet which is a major deal in city driving, bigger then the subaru, and i would not have considered another mercedes after the last one.