2004 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
I bought mine new
By TD02131 on 08/04/10 15:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am not one to keep a car, I usually trade before the warranty runs out. This is the first car I've kept beyond the warranty. I traded a new Toyota Highlander in on it, the Highlander was just boring to drive. The Saab has never disappointed. I have been considering trading it, but I can't find anything better for the money. I may run this one for 300,000 miles. They're right about the tires - go with the michelins. Cup holders are not my priority when deciding on a vehicle. In fact, I hate all the cars with open cup holders that get gunk in them. It's roomy, safe, reliable and fun to drive.

Another great SAAB story
By Chet on 07/27/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my 2nd great SAAB. First was a superb driving, reliable, safe 2003 9-3 sedan (e.g..36 mpg at 80 mph on New Mex I40 at 105 degrees Fahrenheit. This SAAB 9-5 wagon has been problem free for almost all of its 100,000 miles. It has been all over the USA, full of "stuff", and still averages 34 mpg on the highway and 23 in town. Of course, I maintain its recommended maintenance schedule, don't you? Here's hoping the new owners of SAAB don't screw it up.

Practical and Cool
By Rob on 11/19/05 17:58 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a fast and practical car which looks unlike everything else. It has had no problems and puts a smile on my face when I accelerate.

My first Saab
By zheng1798 on 11/05/04 15:55 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I test drove the Saab 95 five years ago, and finally bought one last week. Compare to the other cars in the same price range (BMW 325, Audi A4, Lexus E330), the Saab is neither the most sporty, nor the most refined, but it offers a unique stylying and lots of utility. The rear seat is spacious, and the trunk is like a cave compare to the BMW. SAAB uses high quality material through out the cabin. I still could not tell whether the door inserts are real leather or not. The seats are very comfortable, as well as the head restraint.

Awesome car
By Mestup247 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so fun to drive, manual or automatic. It's so fast...and sporty but great for anything. This car has been compared to BMW (and trust me I love BMW's) but really I think they run better if not the same.

love my saab
By pootzes on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun and comfortable car to drive, even for long distances. I never feel exhausted after a long trip. I always feel sporty driving it, even though it is a wagon. This is my fourth Saab and although I have enjoyed each of them, this is my favorite because of the comfortable luxury.

Saab 9-5 Linear Sport Wagon
By Rick & Kristi on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car; we own 2 Saab 9-5s

Saab 9-5 Wagon
By bruceposner on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a comfortable family car for both city and highway driving. In town, it is nimble and easy to park. On highway it is quiet and the turbo gives the 4 cylinder more than enough pep.

Who needs an SUV?
By Indiana driver on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As a three time SUV owner, I never expected to own a wagon, much less to actually like driving one. This car is actually fun to drive! I love the smooth delivery of turbo power, and the solid, stable ride. On snow covered roads, this car is outstanding. This is the best car I have ever owned. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a vehicle with good hauling capacity, with an eye for style and comfort.

Satisfying Ride
By WCF on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I like the Saab the more I drive it. The suspension/engine combination is very responsive and the 5 speed is excellent. It is a great sport wagon.