Used 2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3T Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

was a volvo guy

Gotta replace the hatchback
By allen carlson

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Of course, Saabs are no longer made. The power plant durability and the quick initial depreciation made these cars a great buy used. The reliability has gotten better from the first Saabs I owned (1979, 1985, 1986 and 1994), but all those were hatchbacks, and the '85, '86 were turbos. Saab got bland with the styling and that may have led to their downfall. (If they no longer were quirky, why bother?)

I bought mine new
By TD02131

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am not one to keep a car, I usually trade before the warranty runs out. This is the first car I've kept beyond the warranty. I traded a new Toyota Highlander in on it, the Highlander was just boring to drive. The Saab has never disappointed. I have been considering trading it, but I can't find anything better for the money. I may run this one for 300,000 miles. They're right about the tires - go with the michelins. Cup holders are not my priority when deciding on a vehicle. In fact, I hate all the cars with open cup holders that get gunk in them. It's roomy, safe, reliable and fun to drive.

Engine, ride, room

Another great SAAB story
By Chet

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my 2nd great SAAB. First was a superb driving, reliable, safe 2003 9-3 sedan (e.g..36 mpg at 80 mph on New Mex I40 at 105 degrees Fahrenheit. This SAAB 9-5 wagon has been problem free for almost all of its 100,000 miles. It has been all over the USA, full of "stuff", and still averages 34 mpg on the highway and 23 in town. Of course, I maintain its recommended maintenance schedule, don't you? Here's hoping the new owners of SAAB don't screw it up.

large car room, small car economy. reliability, safety, looks (especially for a wagon). paint durability and quality. Quality leather interior still smells great. Rides great with Michelin mxv4 tires.

Needs more cup holders.

Practical and Cool
By Rob

2004 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a fast and practical car which looks unlike everything else. It has had no problems and puts a smile on my face when I accelerate.

Styling, performance and load carrying. I particularly like the seats.

cup holders and storage space