2003 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Good for a passionate car lover.
By matt_beckman on 08/26/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

After driving 3 Saabs, a 2005, 2006 9.3 Turbo, and a 2003 9.5 Aero It is clear that Saabs are cars to be pampered and taken well care of. If you are looking for a reliable car with as little maintenance as possible this is not the car for you. Your better of with a Toyota. You will get what you give with Saab and the car is good for someone who enjoys taking care of cars as a passion and DOES NOT mind putting in an extra dollar to keep their jem running at top quality. For about $4500 the 2003 Areo is about the best sports car you can get for the price and after regular maintenance you can expect quick acceleration, good gas mileage, and an all over all smooth, stylish, and luxurious ride.

Brilliant
By Andy on 06/20/09 05:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I am in Australia and I have the Arc. May I first say before I start that I owned a BMW 3 series and was after something more. I wanted another BMW (5 series) but I saw this beautiful thing across the car yard. I took it for a test drive and immediately fell in love with it. Quick off the line, the mid range clout was like nothing I have felt before. If you are thinking of buying a BMW, forget it, get a SAAB 95 Arc. More luxury and more power!!

Think Twice
By KC on 12/01/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a nice car but I would think twice about buying one used. I have found myself back at the dealer getting minor repairs countless times. And the minor problems always seem to stop the car from running i.e., I need a tow. If you're looking for a reliable used luxury car, this probably isn't the one.

2003 Saab 9-5 ARC 3.0 Turbo Review
By tommie mac on 11/29/06 02:15 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased this "demo" from dealer with about 8k on it. Car performs very well, handles very nicely. Powerful. Full of creature comforts such as heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats. Seats are supportive yet comfortable. Air and heat are powerful and quick to get the cabin cool or warm. Brakes are awesome! Use only premium, get around 18 mpg mostly around town. Don't know why they stopped making this engine, it's superb! Still look forward to driving it after owning it for 3+ years.

Swedish quality - Worth every penny
By carb1776 on 10/21/06 20:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Saab, bought it new. Looked at Lexus, Infiniti and Acura, liked the Saab the best. At 65 mph this sports car get 26-28 mpg, 22 in city. Quick acceleration for passing. Car really holds the road in bad rain and snowy weather. Would buy again! Interior is clean and sporty! Large trunk.

Arc: the best buy
By ZZ on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I never thought I would own a SAAB until I test-drove the Arc the very same day I drove Acura TL/Infiniti G35/Volve V70. I was impressed most for the Arc due to the superbo response and handling. It is the best combination of performace and safety with the best standard equipments and features for the class although a touring package is a big plus. It is an outstanding car!

That Saab is So Fine
By adamthestar94 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I think that saabs are very comfortable they are very good looking on the outside and the inside. When I was in a saab, I felt like I was in a different planet. When I was in the back seat,it was kind of small though. Well,thats about it.

I love my ARC
By Potamus on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car! It's so much fun to drive - handles like a dream! So much fun that the stability control has already kicked in once (oops!). Edmunds said it didn't have enough power - they are very WRONG - it has more than enough - especially with the sport feature. The zenon lights are very cool, I like the dimming mirrors too. Once I got used to it, I liked the back-up sensor. I feel very safe and it is a quiet ride. Overall though it rates a 9.9 out of 10!

Saab - highly underrated balance
By RSDonahoe on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

this is an outstanding car with the perfect combination of safety and performance. While we all want performance, few are willing to give up safety....this is perfect balance.

Best car i've owned
By hanley on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall, this car is a great driving experience. It offers the speed of a high performance car, and the safety associated with Swedish designed cars. Truly love driving this car !