2002 Saab 9-5 Consumer Review: Black Turbo Powered Beauty

2002 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Review

Linear 2.3T Wagon (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Black Turbo Powered Beauty
By chiroprincess on

2002 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3t 4dr SportWagon (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is FAST for a wagon and SAFE. It's a very sturdy, solid car being quite able to zip up a steep hill without a problem. I also love the design. Several times strangers on the street have commented to me how 'good looking' this car is! I'm also impressed how roomy the back is. I can get my large bike right in w/ the back seats down. I also like the low profile of the rear 'floor' easy to get things (including our dog) in & out. I have had some oil leak problems and several hoses that have gone bad in the past few years, but considering it is now 8 yrs old not too bad in repair terms. I just test drove a '04 Volvo wagon and I have to say that I still like my Saab way more!

I love the sturdy, heavy body of this car making us feel very safe. It also has a low profile back entry that doesn't have a 'lip' so that a bike can slide right in and our older dog can easily jump up into the back. It also is very roomy in the back of the wagon, especially w/ the rear seats down.

I would like to have a better turning radius and a bit better gas mileage. Also, wish it had better radio speakers. My previous Saab 900 had a great speaker system. Otherwise, I love this car. Very comfortable, roomy & good looking. Love the cup holders & the heated seats too!