Used 2002 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:

Piece of junk
By tasnault1

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

worst car I ever owned, and I have owned pontiacs and chevy's - had performance tires that didn't work in the snow, even an inch of snow! dealer would not let me trade the $250 performance tires for some regular ones...several flats, interior issues and goofy problems throughout the 1+ year of owning this car

Done with Saabs
By otto

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Read just a sample listing of some of the mechanical and electronic issues people have had and that has been my experience and then some. The most recent and the last episode with any Saab product was the turbo. Done. This car was constantly in the garage. No mas.

great looks, incredibly responsive, best winter car I ever had ... BUT ...

Totally unreliable, I don't care anymore.

Great Car!
By Saab BT

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought the car in pristine condition from a dealership specializing in pre owned saabs and volvos. The car was a steal at the price I paid. Smooth turbo, comfortable seats, great on the highway. Right off the bat I needed some minor work done, but luckily I found a mechanic that works on..you guessed it, saabs and volvos! I feel more secure having found him. The only issue so far is a whining noise at low speed; we (the mechanic and I) think it's an issue with the brakes where something is rubbing or perhaps the turbo is making the noise at low speed. Other than that, the car (knock on wood) has been terrific so far.

The design of this car is so cool. It really looks like a plane. I love the cockpit, the seats are comfortable, and the V6 turbo power gives you plenty of reserve for passing on highways. I'm really enjoying driving this car.

Could do a better job with the LEDs and the whining noise is annoying. other than that, great job Saab.

All good but for the little glitches
By bcrzmon

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife bought this car on ebay. I was initially skeptical and nervous about the higher cost of repair, but this car is very fun to drive and the swedish styling and lux features are hard to beat (especially for the price). The repair bills can be a bit high, but normal for this class. Nothing major has gone wrong though and I can live with a broken sunroof, no backup alarm battery, the cup holder issue, 1 busted seat heater cause ultimately I really like being in this car.

Sport mode, heated/cooled seats, leather, safety rating, overall comfort.

Improved reliability with those little things. Alarm/key battery replacement should be easily replaceable. And yes, additional front cup holder.

Great car!
By chris

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Saab but I am hooked. I bought it on Dec 30 2007 and have not had any issues. You cannot beat the price for the amount of car. I live in northern KY in an area that is saturated with Chevy Impalas, Toyota Camrys, and Honda Accords. I love the uniqueness of the Saab. Great performance and decent fuel mileage along with excellent build quality are my favorite aspects. My only complaint is the pixelated LED display which should be a recall since it is apparently so common. I would recommend this car to anyone in need of a 4door sedan.

Style, performance, and build quality (nothing squeaks or rattles)

Air conditioning seems to struggle on very hot days, extra cupholder, looks could be improved with a larger wheel base, fix the led displays