2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Piece of junk
By tasnault1 on 12/20/11 06:37 AM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

worst car I ever owned, and I have owned pontiacs and chevy's - had performance tires that didn't work in the snow, even an inch of snow! dealer would not let me trade the $250 performance tires for some regular ones...several flats, interior issues and goofy problems throughout the 1+ year of owning this car

Done with Saabs
By otto on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Read just a sample listing of some of the mechanical and electronic issues people have had and that has been my experience and then some. The most recent and the last episode with any Saab product was the turbo. Done. This car was constantly in the garage. No mas.

Great Car!
By Saab BT on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought the car in pristine condition from a dealership specializing in pre owned saabs and volvos. The car was a steal at the price I paid. Smooth turbo, comfortable seats, great on the highway. Right off the bat I needed some minor work done, but luckily I found a mechanic that works on..you guessed it, saabs and volvos! I feel more secure having found him. The only issue so far is a whining noise at low speed; we (the mechanic and I) think it's an issue with the brakes where something is rubbing or perhaps the turbo is making the noise at low speed. Other than that, the car (knock on wood) has been terrific so far.

All good but for the little glitches
By bcrzmon on 02/21/10 07:32 AM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife bought this car on ebay. I was initially skeptical and nervous about the higher cost of repair, but this car is very fun to drive and the swedish styling and lux features are hard to beat (especially for the price). The repair bills can be a bit high, but normal for this class. Nothing major has gone wrong though and I can live with a broken sunroof, no backup alarm battery, the cup holder issue, 1 busted seat heater cause ultimately I really like being in this car.

Great car!
By chris on 09/11/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Saab but I am hooked. I bought it on Dec 30 2007 and have not had any issues. You cannot beat the price for the amount of car. I live in northern KY in an area that is saturated with Chevy Impalas, Toyota Camrys, and Honda Accords. I love the uniqueness of the Saab. Great performance and decent fuel mileage along with excellent build quality are my favorite aspects. My only complaint is the pixelated LED display which should be a recall since it is apparently so common. I would recommend this car to anyone in need of a 4door sedan.

9-5 Arc
By tw on 06/29/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

3rd Saab I've owned. Initially loved it. Fun to drive, plenty of interior room, solid handling and quick. Saab's poor quality control has convinced me this is my last Saab however. I've had numerous failures of the temperature gauge. the fuel gauge and missing pixels on the dashboard Saab information display (SID). Although it is just a display problem caused by poorly engineered wiring, to fix the problem you have to buy a whole new computer that costs hundreds of dollars.

Super Saab
By Saabboy on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the 9 5 Arc w/ touring package at used w/ 4,800 miles. only 28K. Outstanding car. Love the sport mode and sound system. Trunk space is a huge plus. Plenty of room throughout. Great standard features and w/ two kids under 5, safety should always be considered.

Arc's Alright
By gtoman on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall, very pleased. I'm still surprised it only has 200hp since its performance belies that number! It's a blast to enter a highway with the rush of acceleration and launching it from a stop light in the Sport mode will snap your neck back.

First SAAB
By My first Euro Car on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I was cross shopping top of the line TL, I35, Passat. Here are factors for deciding on SAAB: The PRICE - I was cross shopping among the low 30s so you can guess how much I paid for my SAAB fully loaded Performance - I test drove all 4 mentioned above. In reality, ARE YOU going to do 0-60 for all the red lights? I was looking for more of low- end torque to pass on highways and consistent power throughout and excellent handling (which ESP helps a lot) Features - Out of 4 cars mentioned, SAAB was only short of (Nav sys of Acura, 4wd of Passat, Rear Shade of I35 (not to mention 255hp)) But, other than that SAAB had much more features

Saab 9-5 SE 6 cylinder
By SEELOS on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-5 Sedan Arc 3.0t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owed only SAABs for the last 10 years, we have seen the good and the bad. This 2001 9-5 SE with heated and ventilated seats is the best so far.The turbo performance has great acceleration, especially in the sport mode. The ventilated seats are great when the weather is hot and have to be turned down because one starts to get the chills. In winter, the heated heats are almost always on. When my wife drives our 2000 9-3 SE SAAB she never turns the heated seats off. The only thing that could be better could be the legroom in the rear seats. .