Hope You Have A Fat Bank Account
By sundawg18 on
2001 Saab 9-5 SE V6t 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 4A)
I bought this car used, from the original owner, with 60,000 miles. In the few years I've owned it - and over 30,000 miles later - I've had at least $5,000 worth of work done to it. Around 65,000 it stalled during rush hour. A few years later it started to stall on the freeway - luckily I had enough time to pull off and into a parking lot before it died. The throttle had to be replaced - to the tune of $900, and I've gone through a couple of batteries that all cost over $200. Now I'm facing an oil leak that my mechanic can't seem to find a cap for since Saab isn't making these cars anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like an awful lot of work for a car still under 100,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Fast drive, quick acceleration! Heated seats are awesome - I rarely have to use my heat in the winter. The moonroof is wonderful, even in the rain - I couldn't imagine owning a car that didn't have one. The radio controls on the steering wheel are a bonus, although I'm aware this is fairly standard practice on newer cars (not as common for vehicles in 2000/2001).
Suggested Improvements
Too many to list...