2000 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Very Poor Customer Service
By Georgia Saab on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

I have grave concerns about the vehicle's reliability and Saab Customer service. As soon as we bought it, the car broke down during a move to GA. Trips to the dealership (one over a week) failed to resolve the issue. We still continue to have problems with the car. The Saab Customer Service department was extremely antagonistic, unhelpful, and even untruthful. The car continued to experience many minor deficiencies during this time. To date, all issues are still unresolved, and we have lost faith in the car's reliability, the Saab warranty and customer service department. Knowing what I know now, I never would have bought this vehicle.

2000 9-5
By jopped on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

I am a life long Saab owner who purchased a 9-5 after much debate about whether to jump ship to BMW. I have been happy wth the performance and reliability but frankly, it looks like GM is influencing too much. I keep looking back at the car and seeing a chevy, so I am thinking about selling for looks alone. Care runs well and reliable and smooth, although the stereo is no where near as good as my old 92 9000S. Still, my wife just bought the 9-3 SE convertable and we love it! So they are not all bad. Just disappointed in the styling.

2000 Aero - nice ride
By sjprevia on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

The 9-5 is a significant improvement over the previous 9000 in most every way. The Aero model is a great combination of practicality and performance. Roomy, safe, good gas mileage, run to drive and great performance. The ride is surprisingly comfortable given the capabilities of the suspension to hold the road.