2000 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
nice options but not dependable
By gloria on 08/01/05 23:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Its time to trade this car. This car has had four major repairs since we owned it. When the car is not having a problem it is enjoyable to drive.

corrections
By Matt Song on 05/20/05 02:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

I want to correct other users comments. All Saab 9-5s have heated mirrors, they are integrated into the rear window defrost (front defrost works instantly, no waiting for engine to warm). XM radio is offered as a dealer aftermarket accessory that replaces a console cubby hole below the automatic climate control.

For a used car there is no equal, but...
By Love/mild dislike on 05/20/05 02:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Reliability is less than stellar. I love my Saab. For the price it is far superior than any other car. Ride is excellent, lots of power, great ergonomics/comfort. I bought a used car w/49K miles, however the turbo blew at 53K (covered under warranty + free towing), the paint is VERY fragile (has gouges in hood from the tow, and keeps getting scratches in parking garage from other drivers resting briefcases on the trunk, top). I am now taking maintenance VERY seriously (there are several other common problems). However, for the safety, performance, and style there is no equal.

Well balanced and fun
By Mike on 01/18/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

The 9-5 continues the SAAB tradition of providing an economical, sporty, cavernous luxury car in one package. It is great.

2000 Saab 9-5: A quality ride
By FloJo on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Since buying my certified pre-owned 2000 Saab 9-5 in July of 2003, I've been enjoying a smooth, comfortable ride with little to no quality problems. I would definitely recommend this car to other purchasers, particularly the certified pre-owned program at Saab. The trunk space is fantastic, and it drives great in the harsh winter weather on icy roads (I live in Michigan). A very safe feeling car. My only complaint is a little big of lag in the acceleration, but it's not so much that it drives me crazy. Overall a great car at a solid price.

2000 Saab 9-5
By jnod204 on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Overall, it is an excellent driving experience for an excellent value.

It is not our problem!
By Debra M Fish on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Front toe setting was off from the beginning & the car pulled to the right. The dealer could only modify it slightly. By that point, the front tires were worn so badly they had to be replaced. The follow have had to be replaced:At least 6 key remotes, rear shocks, throttle body, digital display, ignition module.On a snowy day, the parking brake would not release & warning lights lite up. After sitting in the dealer's heated garage all night, the car was fine. The hypothesis my service adviser had was that some part of the braking apparatus had frozen & needed to thaw. Saab's only response:As cars age, items simply have to be replaced.

2000 Saab
By Saab Lover on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

MY wife has fallen in love with this car. It seems to be the perfect balance between size, mileage and luxury.

Auto Industry best kept secret
By greeny9 on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

This car offers a great balance of ride, handling and accelleration. It has nice qulity feel and look to it both inside and out. So far It has been very reliable.

My Saab
By Retiredinky on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent vehicle. I had the upgraded ignition system installed adding about 15 horsepower. This 4 cylinder turbo charged engine runs like a top and has plent of power. I get 24/32 MPG around town/highway. There is plenty of leg room and trunk space. The car rides like a dream. I have driven as much as 1900 miles with very little stopping and no discomfort. Overall this is a wonderful car. My lease expires this fall and I will either keep this car or get another one.