2000 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
SAAB 9-5 Aero
By vintravia on 03/16/14 17:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It's quick, gets good fuel economy and looks expensive. The mid-range acceleration of this car is amazing and there's no turbo lag. I like how the engine is 2.3 liters instead of 2.0 because it makes it so there's not as much lag and the car doesn't have to rely on the turbo as much so the power band is much more linear. If you get this car make sure you get the Aero. It's the best model. It gives you 230 HP according to Saab (But it's been said to be more like 250) and 258 lbs. ft. of torque. It feels even quicker than that though and it can really handle in the corners as well. The steering quickness and feel is excellent and it provides good road and even engine feedback!

What a Kick A** Car
By mwalker16 on 12/19/13 10:24 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

Ok so this is my first car and holy crap is it fast! My friends love it and i love having the ability to past people on the freeway easily. I can overpower cars with v8 motors and this thing is a rocket! On the bad..... It does have small issues from now and then. yes the wipers, blower motor and rear window stoped working they were all simple fixes and it was worth it to me. IF YOU WANT TO NEVER HAVE ISSUES BUT DRIVE A BORING SLOW CAR GET A TOYOTA. This car will also save ur life in a wreck it is very solid. This thing is mean and for a car with nearly 150,000 miles it feels brand new. Thank you saab for an amazing first car I will for sure own one for the rest of my life.

The biggest [non-permissible content removed] I have had the misfortune to own
By paulw09 on 08/28/13 15:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Wagon

By far and away the most useless piece of junk I have ever owned. Bought it used with 140,000. Since then (within two years) I have replaced: The radiator, water pump (twice) fuel pump, transmission, countless dash bulbs, brake and headlight bulbs, sub woofer, driver's mirror, driver's sun visor, seat fans, two window motors, hatch struts to hold the hatch open- I use that so often that it is no wonder they broke!.As i write this the oil is leaking, the brake light failure keeps coming on, the hot box no longer works, the sun roof leaks. If anyone should think that this is a good car be forewarned. They are junk. Buy Japanese, buy German even by a Yugo you will appreciate the reliability

Sab Saab
By scootsradley on 04/24/12 10:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 SE V6t 4dr Sedan

I bought this saab with 107k on it. This car is by far the worst car i have ever owned and i've owned a acura tsx, jeep, and chrysler crossfire. First week i bought the throttle body went bad and had to be replaced. A month later it was leaking oil, and i had to replace the crank seal. now 5 months later the car is leaking oil, the muffler is falling out from under the car, windsheild wiper motor went bad, car idles hard, and has no pick up what so ever. needs about 3k to fix. YEAH RIGHT! This car is an absolute piece of garbage never ever buy saab!

Don't Buy This Car
By ivanrothschild on 12/22/10 19:21 PM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Got a great deal on it used. It was fun at first, the turbo was a blast. Ventilated seats, neat dash controls, but it started falling apart. Car alarm would go off randomly in the night when temperatures dropped. It burned oil. Was expensive to fix and never was able to fix it. Oil bled into the brake lines. Blue smoke everytime I started it. Finally had to pawn it off to a dealer as a trade-in. LEMON. I loved the features of the car and still miss certain things about it, but it was unreliable and just downright embarrassing with the clouds of blue smoke I left in parking lots.

First time Saab owner
By Sarah on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

This is my first Saab, I am it's 3rd owner and I bought it with 126k on it. Has a brand new turbo, drivers side heated seat does NOT work, I love it don't get me wrong so far so good, fingers crossed I don't rack up some hefty repair bills!

Nice car, but junk
By Frank on 08/28/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

Loved the look and driving feel of car. So glad I had a warranty since it was in the shop every month. At least the dealership gave me a nice loaner car. Couldn't wait to buy a Toyota. Repairs done: new turbo, struts, starter. Repairs needed: ABS module ($3000), Transmission ($2500) and another turbo ($3000). DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND.

I love my Saab, but you must maintain
By COASUTX on 08/16/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Saab I have owned. Not only do I feel extremely safe in the vehicle, I also love driving it. However, if you are looking for a low maintenance vehicle, this is not a good buy for you. Saabs are great cars for people who do not mind spending a little TLC (and money) on their car. Provided you fix things when they start to break (and the car will let you know when something funny starts happening), most repairs are manageable. I love my Saab, and would recommend it for any parents who are looking to purchase it for a safe car for a more experienced driver (18+)! Love your Saab and it will love you back!

Mixed Feelings
By AMB on 08/07/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 2.3t 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used about 2 years ago with 88,000 miles on it. (My dad purchased a 2000 9-5 aero a few months earlier and I loved his so much I wanted one). It's a fun car to drive, love the sports drive option, and has good overall handling (except in the snow!) Mechanically...I always feel like I'm replacing something! The turbo has gone once already, air filters, struts, brakes, and the oil needs to be changed constantly or the check engine light comes on. The pixels in the dash computer keep going as well and it always reads 'tail light out' even though it's not. My dad has had similar issues with the dash computer and it is expensive to fix. This is a car I hate to love!

GM in SAAB clothing
By charlie on 07/30/09 09:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-5 SE V6t 4dr Sedan

Keep in mind thid is a GM. Forget the past reliability. This vehicle begins to self destruct at 50K. Shocks, direct ignition, wheels frozen in place,rugs, interior trim, failure to start, leaky radiator, info display, etc, etc, etc. Stay away till GM gets thrown out.