1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-5 model:
Paul's Review
By pdozier on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.3t 4dr Wagon

Own a 99 black 9-5 Wagon. Great car. Rides like a sedan. Handles better than my BMW 5 series. Needs more storage, which could be accomplished by moving the ignition to the dash (Goes against Saab purists). Great handling, mediocre gas mileage..did not see 20+ until the car had 30,000 miles? Intermittent problem with the on-board computerized A/C (Goes blank, quits working, but eventually works) Dealer is poor (no licensed Saab mechanic) which lowers my rating. Love the turbo power when merging, passing. Would consider buying a new one, but Saab needs to drop pricing. It's not a BMW. Glad to see Saab addressing this on '03 9-3.

We love it!!
By Woodster on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.3t 4dr Wagon

When our 91 Saab 900 bit the dust, we were very happy to find this beautiful 95 wagon. We are fans of the Saab design style, so many of the comon complaints (center ignition) are lost on us. The car is deceptively smooth driving, but can really move when pushed hard, and can handle swift manuevering with ease. I can't tell you how many times I've "accidently" smoked the tires pulling away from a stop lioght, and with a 4 cyl no less. Overall very pleased.