2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Saab 9-3 > Acura TSX
By Dave on 03/30/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was debating between the Saab 9-3 or Acura TSX. The Acura advanced in technology, but it seemed as if the car didn't have any soul, and it felt as if it was a Honda over an Accura. I bought the Saab with the stick shift, cold weather package, and the bi- xenon headlamps in silver with black leather. Build quality remains pleasing for the past couple of months I have owned it, reliability has been great, fit and finish can use some work, but suits my high standards. This car is worth looking at if you are looking at the Lexus IS and Acura TSX.

Initial Opinion
By Mid30crisis on 03/29/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I like auto transmissions, but a car like this needs a stick to fully enjoy the sportiness. It does seem to roll a bit (even with the ReAxs system). Brakes don't appear as tight on response although the pro reviews say the braking is great. The starter seems to take a while to get used to; haven't determined if it's a defect or just takes a half second longer for the ignition to kick. I like this car; great price point if you can get a good deal; if not, spend a little more on an Audi A4, Infiniti G35, or Acura TL.

Fun to Drive...great value
By box3 on 03/27/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive...Great Bose system...Getting around 26 mpg on regular gas so far...Great value...Just got out of a Benz c class and am very happy.

Saab Now, Save Greater
By JCinDC on 01/20/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Grew up around the 70s New Englander Saabophiles vs the "Saab Now Cry Later" crowd...their battles on quirkiness and reliability vs individuality and snow- going were legendary. Never much favored a side nor desired to own one, as not a hatchback fan. But caught the redesigned 2008 2.0T on the beltway, and now have taken the plunge. Got a loaded model sans the better stereo and bigger wheels - couldn't get those options with immediate availabilty in the smokey beige color. Just broke 2500 miles of daily commuting and two long road trips. If not for some easily correctable annoyances and a little more zip off the line, this car could be a Best Buy and crush the competition at this price point.

Excellent Car for a 6 + Footer
By RF on 01/01/08 15:26 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Whilst I researched the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS 250/IS 350 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, if you are over 6'' and have a semi-athletic build, you just will not fit in those cars. While the previously mentioned are fine cars, and the Saab has its weaknesses, at least I can fit in it. I don't care how well it hugs a curve, or how pretty it looks inside when my shoulders are smashed up against the door. The car is fun to drive, period.

Great quality from a GM vehicle
By RH on 12/28/07 13:23 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A very nifty ride for the price. I was very happy to support an American company and get a vehicle that looks unique, has very fun driving characteristics and good comfort features without attracting the stereotypes associated with Merc and BMW drivers. (not that i wouldn't love a nice Merc). Acceleration from 50-70 is quick, turbo boost is very fun although low end torque is lacking, this isn't a drag racer by any means. While the sport mode is fun and the triptronic transmission is ok, I wished I could have gotten an manual. Guess they were quickly picked up nationwide.

Saab 2.0T
By DH on 12/05/07 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun to drive, handles well in the snow and has some nice luxery components. The steering is resonsive and the mid-range acceleration is peppy. The overall interior quality is on the lower end, but still nice. The cabin is surprisingly roomy with a nice trunk and fold down rear seats for extra storage space.

Love my 2008 Saab
By Robert on 12/01/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall a really good car. Personally, I feel that the 2.0T is the best deal vs. the 2.8. I opted for all options except nav and auto transmission. The premium leather gives the sport seats that aren't otherwise available on the 2.0T. This feature alone nearly makes it worth the extra $$$. The leather quality is very nice (especially the French stitching!!). The manual transmission is notchy but nonetheless fun to drive. I must admit that I never really liked Saabs before, however this redesign really makes the car look wonderful. The taillight surrounds take getting used to but otherwise a really good car. FYI: upgraded sound system is simply average so I assume the base sound is terrible.