Used 2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Great car, great price
By burt

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had absolutely no problems with this car through the first 41K - a first for me with new cars. It is responsive, comfortable and fuel efficient. If I had to find any knock on the car it may be that it does not idle as smoothly as a BMW, Toyota or Nissan. I would buy this car again.

No wonder Saab is bankrupt
By TriHill

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The city mileage totally stinks on this car, between 10-20 mpg. For some reason on the highway, there's a disparity jump to 30-40 mpg. Great car for road trips, but I am a city driver most of the year, so this is not a good car for that. A lot of the electronics and computer systems onboard have bugs in them. I have had to take the car in at least monthly for these annoying fixes. Customer service is poor for things that should be covered by the warranty, particularly within the first year of car ownership where most of the problems have been happening. I will tell you that the first repair service wasn't an oil change...it had to do with changing a light bulb.

Fun to drive.

Better gas mileage, better interior materials, more interior space, better front-end design, fix the buggy electronic-computer system onboard, add EFM, TPS, step-tronic shift, 360 degree drive camera with video mirror, garage door button, AWD/4WD, sports trim tail pipes, deflectors, better carpet.

SAAB Driven
By SAAB Doyl

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, mocking a BMW with the MPG of a mini cooper. 3 years service with this lease costs the owner nothing. Hope the new company purchasing SAAB keeps tradition... superior value for the buck!

Great Gas Mileage
By rocky67

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 2008 Saab 9.3 2.0T. The car gets very good gas mileage.Overall, it gets 26 mpg mostly city driving. (Lots of stop/go red lights etc., speeds less than 45 mph). Straight all highway/no city you see over 33-34 mpg. Very good job Saab. My friends who have Mercedes Benz and BMW do not see good gas mileage like I do. Because most of the engines in the high-end German Luxury cars are close to 3L or 6 cylinders. My Saab has plenty of pick-up due to the turbo.

Gas mileage

Mild hybrid or auto-stop feature would be helpful. Engine shut down when car comes to a stop.

Best Value on the Road
By pmgreene

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Saab has greatly improved the ride and build quality of the car. I have owned Saab's in the past, and this one much smoother over the rough roads here in New England. Many fewer rattles and overall a much more refined experience. The best thing about this car is the balance of fuel economy and performance. I do a lot of highway driving, but I average 30 mpg. I don't understand the EPA ratings. I had a Lexus IS with the same EPA rating and never got better than 25 mpg in that. I am very happy with the Saab and highly recommend this car to anyone shopping in this segment.

Fuel economy, acceleration, smooth and quiet ride.

Bluetooth, but they added that to the 2009's. I bought a 2008 which unfortunately does not have that. I also don't like the hard to clean 12 spoke wheels. They should just use the 5 spokes on all the cars. They look great on the Aero.