2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Saab 93 2-9 months out of the lot
By tofutel on 12/04/08 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 2 months, the shift knob gets sticky. Sticky shifting gets worst when in cold weather but very smooth when outside temperature is warm or when car gets a good 5 minute warm up. This is still a fairly new car! I've had this car for 9 months now. Since then, I had brought the car back for service repair on the electronics on the window, the static on the speakers, sticky moonroof, and a flat tire. Other than that, car drives very good. there is power when you need it.

2008 9-3 2.0t Sport Sedan
By magnetic1 on 11/19/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The styling is great (int and ext) and elegant. After many test drives, there is nothing with more punch/dollar. Performance is impressive for 4cyl turbo. Peak torque and hp at low rpms means accessible speed. You're flying before you know it. Some turbo lag, but prep to ~2500 rpm and it's a rocket. Too much body roll on corners, but grip on the road seems unaffected. Mine is AT, but the MT is a joy. You've got to drive it even if not buying. Love the brakes...lots of expression. As always with Saab, the controls become intuitive. Radio and climate aren't impressive. Some interior items feel cheap. Not bad for the money though. Like the gauges and SID in front. Love the car. No regrets.

1st Saab,will not be my last
By LuvMySaab on 11/12/08 22:06 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! Very quick, handles well. I do a lot of driving, and the seats are the most comfortable. Interior is very ergonomic. I am 6'1'', and I have more than enough room in the front for myself. The interior is quirky, but everything is conveniently located. I have the stick, and it is as smooth as silk. Passing on the highway leaves others in the dust with the turbo. Sure there is a lag, but who doesn't have one? I have been told by a Saab mechanic who used to work at 1 of the dealerships on LI, now in biz for himself that GM has "ruined Saab". I just can't tell.

Excellent value if the price is right
By SaabstudentDoc on 11/06/08 17:59 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning an 03' 9-5 Aero that was totaled while nobly saving my wife and me from any bodily harm I was eager to get back into the seat of a Saab. I was not able to afford another 9-5, but the 08 9-3 was nothing I "settled" for. The fuel efficiency is fantastic! I am getting 33 mpg on the highway and mixed city/highway I am averaging 26mpg (mostly city). The 9-5 I owned was an Aero and while the difference is noticeable, this car is more than ample. One word - turbo. My wife has a TSX, while this does not have the xenons and moonroof standard, this is more fun to drive.

(I thought) it's what I wanted.
By BV on 11/04/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I don't mean to be a spoiler to all the positive reviews - this is a nice car. I guess the problem is I had my last Saab (89 900T) way too long. It was the newer (after 2003) body style that really attracted me - I think it's a great looking car. However, I'm not into the white & chrome tail lights that came in 2008. It drives very well, power comes on quickly, quietly and before you know it your over the speed limit. But the seats are too wide and I slide around in corners. Most dissapointing it that it seems to be more GM than a Saab. Flimsy cup holders and console lid. On a recent business trip, I noticed my Chevy Cobalt rental car has the exact same radio as my $25K Saab. Uhh!

You will love XWD
By AeroXWD on 11/03/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car after my 2007 9-3 2.0T was hit from behind and subsequently totaled. I loved my 9-3 but also thought it would be a good idea to keep an open mind and look at some other cars. I drove an A4 which was slow and expensive with the options I wanted. The 3.2 V-6 felt simply lethargic. I drove a 335i BMW walked away feeling it was overpriced. The new C300 and C350 handled great but I was really unimpressed with how awful the seats and interior materials were for a Benz. The Aero XWD was a blast. Excellent seats, 280 hp turbo engine. I love my new Aero XWD. I have developed a lead foot and find myself at high speed on many occasions. It's the best Saab I've ever had.

Update: 6 months of disappointment
By Ric in ATL on 11/02/08 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a 6-month update. Check out my "First 90 days" review. My Aero has spent even more time in the shop since then. The stereo system is still a major issue, but now my problems have extended to the stability control system and general build quality. About to go through my 2nd set of floor mats. 1st service interval came at 6700. I've spent more time in a loaner car than my own car in the last 2 months. Squeaks & rattles have multiplied. This 9-3 has been a terrible disappointment. For a $40k car, it is seriously outclassed by the competition. While I loved Saab, I feel totally let down by this car, and I don't plan to return when my lease is up.

Back to Saab
By SAAB 4 Life on 10/31/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a fantastic car. As a owner of 2000 Saab (that I still have) I wanted to purchase another one just like it. After making a mistake and buying a VW Jetta 2.0 turbo that burns oil (look up vw oil consumption on any search engine) I went to a fantastic dealership in Florida (jacksonville) and picked up my Laser Red 93. I am getting 33 mpg with 4 people and a trunk full of luggage running 80+. Can't say enough about this car. It's just like the old one fast, reliable, smooth. I could go on and on.

9-3 2.0t sport sedan
By ralph on 10/10/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I found the Saab 2.0t sport sedan to be the perfect fit for my needs. I looked at the VW GTI, Passat and Audit A4. The GTI handles like a sports car, but I needed something a bit more mature. The Passat felt like a Buick, not bad, but not what I wanted. I have a lot of respect for the Audi A4, but did not feel it warranted spending another $6K. The Saab 9-3 was perfect! The 2.0 turbo is powerful, responsive and fuel efficient ( 32mpg average). The six speed manual has well spaced gears, and the clutch is very smooth. Overall interior / exterior quality and fit and finish are excellent for the price.

Very good and very pleased
By Guintama on 09/28/08 00:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Now, I am not saying that there are not better vehicles out there, because there are. Yet this does not deign the 9-3 of its distinction of being a great if not superb near-luxury vehicle. I have own(ed) VW's, BMW, Cadillacs, and none of them have performed as well as the Saab for the price point, nor, being owned by GM. I am very pleased with the interior finish, if it is a little watered down unlike the older, more genuine Saab, this one should still function in a few years. The engine is great, a lot of fun to drive with its tight steering and great cornering. Highly recommend it over all other cars for under $30,000.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.