Used 2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Beautiful Car
By Rob Murray

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this Saab 9-3 the day before Saab was bought by Spyker. A Saab Sonnet was the first car I really appreciated when I was in High School and college and I always wanted one. When I thought they might be going out of business I thought it was now or never. Car is beautiful, quiet, quick, and solid compared to the 6cylinder mustang, camaro, and infiniti G20 I previously owned. Nice car.

Engine, Transmission, quiet interior, Extra Features lik OnStar.

Power passenger seat and Homelink in Base Car

a very special car
By K28

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I never though i'd own a Saab in my life, until one day when i randomly decided to drop by the dealer and take a look at the 9-3. After taking a test drive i was sold and bought one with the turbo 6...I've been very happy ever since, i am always fascinated when i get behind the wheel, it's really fast, fun to drive and at the same time it's the most comfortable car i've ever driven. No car has ever made me feel this good!

It's so comfortable and relaxing, it's like a swedish spa on wheels, the power delivery on the 2.8T is just phenomenal, has a solid yet lightweight feel, excellent paint quality, reliability has been great, great highway mileage.

Some cheap bits in the center console area, armrest slides forward but doesn't secure into place.

Great car, great price
By burt

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had absolutely no problems with this car through the first 41K - a first for me with new cars. It is responsive, comfortable and fuel efficient. If I had to find any knock on the car it may be that it does not idle as smoothly as a BMW, Toyota or Nissan. I would buy this car again.

No wonder Saab is bankrupt
By TriHill

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The city mileage totally stinks on this car, between 10-20 mpg. For some reason on the highway, there's a disparity jump to 30-40 mpg. Great car for road trips, but I am a city driver most of the year, so this is not a good car for that. A lot of the electronics and computer systems onboard have bugs in them. I have had to take the car in at least monthly for these annoying fixes. Customer service is poor for things that should be covered by the warranty, particularly within the first year of car ownership where most of the problems have been happening. I will tell you that the first repair service wasn't an oil change...it had to do with changing a light bulb.

Fun to drive.

Better gas mileage, better interior materials, more interior space, better front-end design, fix the buggy electronic-computer system onboard, add EFM, TPS, step-tronic shift, 360 degree drive camera with video mirror, garage door button, AWD/4WD, sports trim tail pipes, deflectors, better carpet.

SAAB Driven
By SAAB Doyl

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, mocking a BMW with the MPG of a mini cooper. 3 years service with this lease costs the owner nothing. Hope the new company purchasing SAAB keeps tradition... superior value for the buck!