2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
What a fun car
By turnlund on 08/06/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a used 9-3 sedan a few months ago with the base 2.0T engine. I've owned a few high performance cars and this one is the most fun. The only the thing the two BMWs I owned/own (a '95 540i and '08 535i respectively) have over this car is acceleration at 85+ MPH.

Earned Respect
By saabtech on 12/07/11 07:30 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had never planned on buying a Saab and in fact all I could remember at the time was how ugly the older Saabs looked. A friend of mine had a 2005 Saab 9-3 and the first time I rode in it I was truly surprised. It was far from the hatchback design of the S900 and it was quick and had nice fit and finish. This began my passion for these cars. I have driven a 2005 9-3 2.0T a 2006 9-3 aero, and two different 2008 9-3 2.0T. All the cars I had were great although I did experience less than stellar performance in the Pirelli and Continental tires that they were putting on the cars until 2008 when the TMPS sensor option was included. I have been very pleased with the reliability of all the cars I owned and feel that the 2008 and up Model Years to have the best long term reliability. This is why I went ahead and purchased one after my lease on my first 08 9-3 ended. The overall fuel efficiency of this car is excellent and seems to beat many other makes for the power output that it gives. I worked for VW and Audi and have driven many of their cars and just donít feel that their 2.0T has as much power as the 9-3. Even though the 2.0T for Audi and VW has been rated very high I know internally that there are still issues with oil consumption and slug in models that this engine has been used in, and thatís why I would never purchase anything containing their 2.0T. The new styling in 08 really for me was a winner. I had appreciated the older design, but wasnít a fan of all the plastic rubbing strips and trim that was visible on the outside of the car. I was happy to see that the facelift was focused on the outside and left the interior relatively untouched. The only thing that I wish had been standard on the 2.0T is visible sports exhaust, and xenon option. I really enjoy the interior and the only thing I would have like to see is a little less plastic and more leather covered surfaces like on the door handles and the front panel that surrounds the radio and instrument cluster. The leather Iíve noticed stays in good condition if you maintain it, however if you donít after about 100,000K the driverís seat gets pretty rough looking. In older VW models that have leather it holds up much better probably due to several seemed portions on the seat bottoms rather than one large piece that tends to get stretched like in the 9-3.

First Two Years have been Great
By jp on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned my 2T Sedan for 2+ years and its been great. Comfortable, even with two car seats in the back. Fully loaded for vacation there is plenty of room. The car gets ~24 mpg in the city (worse when my wife drives it) and ~34 mpg on the highway at a comfortable 65-70 mph. Leather interior is easy to clean when the kids spill food/drinks. So far reliability has been impeccable...knock on wood because servicing will be pricey on this car. Useful speed warning feature as you can pass 70+mph easily. We bought a 2nd Saab (2009 2T Sedan) when it looked like Saab was going under. Look forward to 2013 redesign although not in the market. Wish Saab would remove some features and sell for ~20K.

SAAB Strikes Gold In 2008 - 2011 Models
By Kohlbee on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 5 SAABs - a 1983 900, 1989 900 S, 1990 900 S convertible and 1997 900 S convertible. The 2008 has zero remaining interior parts from its original designs, aside from the headlight and windshield washer logos printed on the corresponding controls. The 2008 thus far has had zero issues or electrical problems that were found in previous models. The quirkiness is thankfully still part of SAAB's design; its ignition, is located in the middle console, similar to the original floor concept. The Swedish flavor is still present, as is its outstanding and unusual exterior design. I would recommend SAAB redesign the rear to = original SAAB concept, versus its current generic square format.

Superb
By Tyler on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Cross shopped with the A4 and 3 Series. It's a real head turner with performance to match. Very tight build quality and mileage is great. As good as a compact executive vehicle can be.

The other european
By Bill Anthony Resto on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned Audi, Infiniti, Mitsubishi and Ford cars, the Aero has the right amount of quirkiness. Love the car's profile and manners. Very good reliability. Always wanted to have one and after almost one year of ownership do not regret the decision.

Great car
By PGTX on 03/18/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been a SAAB fan all my life and finally bought one 2 years ago. I like the fact that SAAB design team is keeping the essence of the old 900 model through out the evolution to the 9-3 just like BMW or Mercedes do. Makes it a car that will not look outdated in a few years.

Never knew Saabs were this nice
By Jdac on 03/07/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been driving a sensible car for 5 years: Toyota Corolla CE; manual everything. I finally decided it was time to upgrade and consider BMW, Inifiniti, Acura, etc. I didn't really consider a Saab until an Acura I wanted sold. I love my Saab 9-3! The 2008 model looks great from the outside; it's a comfortable and is a considerable power upgrade for me. The features are great and the value was unbeatable. I highly recommend that you consider driving one if you're looking at an entry-level luxury sedan.

Beautiful Car
By Rob Murray on 01/31/10 15:52 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this Saab 9-3 the day before Saab was bought by Spyker. A Saab Sonnet was the first car I really appreciated when I was in High School and college and I always wanted one. When I thought they might be going out of business I thought it was now or never. Car is beautiful, quiet, quick, and solid compared to the 6cylinder mustang, camaro, and infiniti G20 I previously owned. Nice car.

a very special car
By K28 on 01/30/10 17:57 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I never though i'd own a Saab in my life, until one day when i randomly decided to drop by the dealer and take a look at the 9-3. After taking a test drive i was sold and bought one with the turbo 6...I've been very happy ever since, i am always fascinated when i get behind the wheel, it's really fast, fun to drive and at the same time it's the most comfortable car i've ever driven. No car has ever made me feel this good!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.