Used 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

The other european
By Bill Anthony Resto

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned Audi, Infiniti, Mitsubishi and Ford cars, the Aero has the right amount of quirkiness. Love the car's profile and manners. Very good reliability. Always wanted to have one and after almost one year of ownership do not regret the decision.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, car profile, dash lighting, good engine sounds and road manners, reliability, quirkiness, exclusivity in a sea of so many generic and similar cars designs (of all prices)

Suggested Improvements

Front spoiler too low, quality of dash materials and in plastics can be better, center arm rest is annoying, low city fuel economy, needs better sound insulation, car suspension need to better modulate road bumps, but don't get me wrong, still love the car.

a very special car
By K28

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I never though i'd own a Saab in my life, until one day when i randomly decided to drop by the dealer and take a look at the 9-3. After taking a test drive i was sold and bought one with the turbo 6...I've been very happy ever since, i am always fascinated when i get behind the wheel, it's really fast, fun to drive and at the same time it's the most comfortable car i've ever driven. No car has ever made me feel this good!

Favorite Features

It's so comfortable and relaxing, it's like a swedish spa on wheels, the power delivery on the 2.8T is just phenomenal, has a solid yet lightweight feel, excellent paint quality, reliability has been great, great highway mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Some cheap bits in the center console area, armrest slides forward but doesn't secure into place.

Never Follow!!!
By Will

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great vehicle, no question about it! I had a BMW 535i over the weekend which the dealership let me test drive, because of my excellent credit. However, at 35 years of age, I felt like 45 or older in it and besides, the place where I live already looks like a BMW dealership, because just about everyone owns one! So, I took it back and started looking for a car that was just as good, but rarer, unique and with its own agenda. That is what SAAB is, and that is what the 9-3 Aero is more than any of their other vehicles! This car is absolutely unique and once you actually see one in detail, you will realize just how different they are. Never follow! This car really stands out!

Favorite Features

The overall design! Since this is the closest any 4 door sedan will get to be as sporty as a sedan can ever get! The center console ignition, lighted eyebrows on the front, cooler glove compartment, its simple, clean and elegant, yet sporty interior! And of course, its very unique build and name!

Suggested Improvements

I do not like the way the trunk just slams shut hard! It literally falls shut with very little effort, making it sound and look like a cheap car! Bluetooth!!! My God, no Bluetooth capabilities, at least on the 2008 model, to pair your phone with! Maybe just a little bit of a firmer ride.

Young man's sport sedan
By Brian

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

XWD, six-speed manual really make this car fun. It tracks very well in the snow and ice. It rides hard, even over medium quality metro freeways. So much so that on one bump I was tossed upward in the car and hit my head on the ceiling. I have been known to grunt in anticipation of road bumps. Maybe this is because of my bad back and age 43. I had an '87 Saab 900S several years ago in my youth and loved it. My new Saab is fast and fun to drive on smooth roads, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. A loaded Accord would have been a better choice for me. Discounts made the car affordable, but I anticipate reliability will be below average; it's in the shop as I write this review.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable. Aggressive driving manners. Unique exterior styling and colors. Seat color combo of parchment leather and black inserts is attractive. Front and headlights are stylish. Ignition key on floor. Nifty pop-out beverage holder in front. Panel light shut-down at night option.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage poor; I get 19 mpg in combined highway and suburban driving. Interior room is lacking (but I guess it is a sports sedan). Too many GM markings (radio and some other dash controls). Interior quality, including leather. Hard closing trunk.

Great Car!
By otto

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a Saab 9-3 Aero XWD 6M. I have owned six BMWs. While BMWs handle more neutrally, the Saab makes more power for much less than a comparable BMW (328/335 xi). I would have to purchase a near fully loaded 335xi to get this much comfort, convenience, and performance at a cost of nearly $13k more. If you pay anywhere near sticker for these cars you are paying way too much. Wait for a GM year end sale. BMWs are priced nearer selling price. Still, I prefer the Saab regardless. BMW's I-drive, run flat tires, and depreciation (net loss) were the final straw with me. I want a car that is fun to drive up to 9/10th, and this Saab delivers. I do not plan on racing this Saab.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet seemless power (280 hp), all wheel drive, 6 speed manual, fun to drive, tight and well finished, Bose Center Point, comfort, carrying capacity, room for tall driver, non- cookie cutter design, <3k rpm at 85mph, excellent warranty and free 3/36 service, distinctive without pretence.

Suggested Improvements

Lacks locking gas cap, and needs better cup holders. This is a fine car!