2008 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
The other european
By Bill Anthony Resto on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned Audi, Infiniti, Mitsubishi and Ford cars, the Aero has the right amount of quirkiness. Love the car's profile and manners. Very good reliability. Always wanted to have one and after almost one year of ownership do not regret the decision.

a very special car
By K28 on 01/30/10 17:57 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I never though i'd own a Saab in my life, until one day when i randomly decided to drop by the dealer and take a look at the 9-3. After taking a test drive i was sold and bought one with the turbo 6...I've been very happy ever since, i am always fascinated when i get behind the wheel, it's really fast, fun to drive and at the same time it's the most comfortable car i've ever driven. No car has ever made me feel this good!

Never Follow!!!
By Will on 02/27/09 00:13 AM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great vehicle, no question about it! I had a BMW 535i over the weekend which the dealership let me test drive, because of my excellent credit. However, at 35 years of age, I felt like 45 or older in it and besides, the place where I live already looks like a BMW dealership, because just about everyone owns one! So, I took it back and started looking for a car that was just as good, but rarer, unique and with its own agenda. That is what SAAB is, and that is what the 9-3 Aero is more than any of their other vehicles! This car is absolutely unique and once you actually see one in detail, you will realize just how different they are. Never follow! This car really stands out!

Young man's sport sedan
By Brian on 01/28/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

XWD, six-speed manual really make this car fun. It tracks very well in the snow and ice. It rides hard, even over medium quality metro freeways. So much so that on one bump I was tossed upward in the car and hit my head on the ceiling. I have been known to grunt in anticipation of road bumps. Maybe this is because of my bad back and age 43. I had an '87 Saab 900S several years ago in my youth and loved it. My new Saab is fast and fun to drive on smooth roads, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. A loaded Accord would have been a better choice for me. Discounts made the car affordable, but I anticipate reliability will be below average; it's in the shop as I write this review.

Great Car!
By otto on 12/10/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a Saab 9-3 Aero XWD 6M. I have owned six BMWs. While BMWs handle more neutrally, the Saab makes more power for much less than a comparable BMW (328/335 xi). I would have to purchase a near fully loaded 335xi to get this much comfort, convenience, and performance at a cost of nearly $13k more. If you pay anywhere near sticker for these cars you are paying way too much. Wait for a GM year end sale. BMWs are priced nearer selling price. Still, I prefer the Saab regardless. BMW's I-drive, run flat tires, and depreciation (net loss) were the final straw with me. I want a car that is fun to drive up to 9/10th, and this Saab delivers. I do not plan on racing this Saab.

You will love XWD
By AeroXWD on 11/03/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car after my 2007 9-3 2.0T was hit from behind and subsequently totaled. I loved my 9-3 but also thought it would be a good idea to keep an open mind and look at some other cars. I drove an A4 which was slow and expensive with the options I wanted. The 3.2 V-6 felt simply lethargic. I drove a 335i BMW walked away feeling it was overpriced. The new C300 and C350 handled great but I was really unimpressed with how awful the seats and interior materials were for a Benz. The Aero XWD was a blast. Excellent seats, 280 hp turbo engine. I love my new Aero XWD. I have developed a lead foot and find myself at high speed on many occasions. It's the best Saab I've ever had.

Update: 6 months of disappointment
By Ric in ATL on 11/02/08 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a 6-month update. Check out my "First 90 days" review. My Aero has spent even more time in the shop since then. The stereo system is still a major issue, but now my problems have extended to the stability control system and general build quality. About to go through my 2nd set of floor mats. 1st service interval came at 6700. I've spent more time in a loaner car than my own car in the last 2 months. Squeaks & rattles have multiplied. This 9-3 has been a terrible disappointment. For a $40k car, it is seriously outclassed by the competition. While I loved Saab, I feel totally let down by this car, and I don't plan to return when my lease is up.

First 90 days: Good, but not great
By Ric in ATL on 07/24/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up my 2nd 9-3 in April. It replaced my '05 Linear SS. I loved it & so I was sure I'd love my 2nd 9-3. Unfortunately, my Aero hasn't lived up to expectations. It's seen the Service Dept. way too much, mainly Bose radio & sound system issues. I'm now on my 5th visit to fix the problem. I missed most of my 3mos. XM Free Trial. I'm unimpressed with build quality and the materials in my Aero. I already have several squeaks & rattles. The plastics look and feel cheap, and I've already worn a hole through my floor mat. All in less than 90 days. Mechanically, the car is great & fun to drive...when I actually have it. The premium leather is a nice touch, but $1500+ is tough to justify.

Aero XWD: deffinately born from jets
By Aero XWD on 06/05/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been waiting for so long for Saab to produce an all-wheel drive sedan. Here was my opportunity. I had a 2007 2.0t 60th anniversary, but I was rear-ended at high speed by a Toyota Highlander. My 9-3 was totaled. (100 % not my fault). I went to the dealer expecting to buy another normal 2.0, then I saw the new Aero XWD. It was the first one the dealer had received and it was the color I loved so much on my old 9-3 (Titan Gray). I drove it. And picked it up the following day. The 285 horsepower / 295 lb/ft of torque with the six speed manual is a terrific combo. No turbo lag and it's fast as hell. Handles seamlessly thanks to the haldex xwd. I average 25 mpg city/highway. I love it!

Great car
By Ron on 04/17/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We use this car as our "high mileage" car. This is our 2nd 9-3. This is a solid car, great design. The car is perfect both in town and on the freeway. Could not go for the four banger as it just has to work too hard. The Aero is still great on mileage and a great performer. Only turbo I have ever driven with no noticable turbo-lag. Incredible brakes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.