My first Saab—I'm in love!
By 73spider on
2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
To make the story short, I'm in love with this car. Everything about it is so pleasing. It's distinctively beautiful inside and out, with a very attractive interior and style that I find far superior to the German cars. The handling is exceptional for so heavy a car, and the ride is very pleasant—evidence of a supple suspension setup. The more I drive it, the more I respect the work of Saab engineers and designers. Even the colors of my car, silver with parchment leather, are stunning: people comment so favorably. I feel so happy to drive this Saab!
Favorite Features
The power top is great fun to watch in operation, and it seals perfectly when raised without air leaks or water leaks. The car is amazingly quiet at speed, easily the top convertible I've ever had in that respect. Night Panel is a unique feature which allows you to switch off unnecessary instrument lights at night. The seats are marvelous, with wonderful leather upholstery and good adjustability. The car's interior is most attractive, simple and easy on the eyes. The 2 liter twincam turbomotor is a wonderful thing, smooth, quiet, powerful and flexible. And the car has great safety ratings, no small thing today.
Suggested Improvements
The HVAC controls are a little cumbersome to use. The high tail end of the car makes backing difficult, but the style is worth it. This car is really about as good as a fine car needs to be, with a unique character. At this time Saab is in bankruptcy. Knowing this car as I do for even such a short time, I don't understand why the firm fell on hard times. I'm going to miss the choice Saab brought to the car market and wish I could have a Kombi wagon to go along with my convertible.