2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Best kept secret
By Robert on 09/11/07 07:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This by far the best quality car I've owned so far, including my Acura. It gets amazing MPG (30 avg), great turbo performance. For the price I paid, I could not have bought a base Camry. Build quality is fantastic. This is the safest car (class) in America today, Saab's strong suit and heritage. Not a creak or rattle yet. Could you buy a better car? Probably, but at a substantial premium. This is my 2nd Saab in 4 years and reliability has been excellent. The fit and finish is right up there with Lexus. Absolutely zero torque steer. 40-70 acceleration is like a rocket. You really should consider this car. It is a most compelling value in this market space.

Fabulous car
By portland on 08/15/07 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We looked at just about every sport wagon on the market and the sportcombi was head and shoulders above the rest in performance, features, and safety. It's also one of the few with an available manual transmission (and a 6-speed to boot). We can even fit two kids and a new baby in the back seat. We've only had the Saab for ten days but it's easily our favorite car ever.

Disappointing
By ebeth05 on 08/08/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 9-3 60th anniversary edition with high hopes for my first car. Loved the anniversary package, very happy about my first ever car purchase. Now I'm disappointed. The first week of driving I noticed a steering wheel vibration - a nuisance at low speeds, a violent shake at higher ones, not relenting when again at lower mph. After one week I took it shopping: took me five tries to get it to start; it turned on, then the engine shut off on the first four. I have taken it to two different dealerships to have the problems looked at with the frequent response "problem cannot be duplicated." Tires have been balanced twice, vibrations still exist.

Best Entry-Level Car for the Money
By Seattle Saabster on 07/31/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a car that was sporty, reliable, and had good gas mileage for my 40 mile r/t commute. I considered several cars at the <$30K price range, but was attracted to Saab's rebate incentive and my having owned Saabs for the past 20+ years. For the price, you can't get a better entry-level luxury car that equals the 9-3 SportCombi in performance, fuel econonmy, safety, standard features (leather, etc.) and practicality (cargo room, etc.). The SportCombi does not disappoint. The 6-spd manual (hard to find) is fun to drive, and I've been impressed with the 33 mpg I'm receiving on the highway.

No Saab story
By kirbster on 07/25/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a new Saab 9-3 recently and all I can say is, why didn't I buy one of these along time ago. This car is everything it says it is and more. I drive 35 miles to and from work each day. At 75 mph, I get 34 mpg at 80 mph I get 32 mpg. I tried to do 70 mph but just couldn't, it was just too much fun going faster. The turbo acceleration is a blast. Going from 60 to 100 only takes about 5 seconds. As you can tell, I'm in love with this car. Just drive one.

Fun Saab
By Steve on 07/13/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a 9-3 anniversary model w/auto. If you are in the market for any type of car, compare it to a Saab. The car is fun to drive, feels very well built. Very, very quick. The anniversary package adds a lot of value. Compared this to a MB C230 and Lexus IS 250. It was no comparison when you compared fun to drive quotient, safety and price. What a fun great car!!!

Jumping the gun...
By SNAAB on 07/12/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my new 2007 Aero Sedan on Wednesday and have driven it less than 100 miles but it sure is a nice change from the VW R32 that I traded. I love the comfort of the front seats although they do seem to be a bit narrow. The biggest disappointment is the much maligned dash mounted "cup holder" it really is as bad as advertised! Power is ample but not as good as I anticipated. if I was looking for a quick sedan this car wouldn't have made the short list, it does sound good though. Good choice so far.

Great car for the price
By rk on 07/12/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I walked into the dealership on a rainy day to test drive the car, and once I did, totally fell in love with it. The car handles and performs great! The tires stick to the ground, even in heavy rain. The Bose audio system sounds great, but could use a subwoofer. The controls on the audio system are not easy to use, though. The cup holders are not all that great. But, as a functional car, this car rocks. I have to constantly watch my speed on the highway, drop it into 6th and it cruises, sometimes without thinking, I find myself at 85 or 90. I just turned on the audible speed alarm system because of this. The turbo lag is apparent, but once you get beyond that, it takes off.

Unique and Economical
By DanaS on 07/07/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning a 2001 Saab 9-3, there were questions about getting a new Saab. The 2001 was solid, but dated. The car was designed in the early 1990s. The new 9-3 handles better, has many more features, better layout, more room and is far better quality. The doors, fenders and quarter panels have minimal gaps. The fit and finish is superior to the domestics or japanese. I compared a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and the 9-3. When comparably equipped, the Saab was cheaper. The Saab rode better and there wasn't a gazillion on the road. 31-34 MPG during mostly highway driving. GM should quit playing sticker games. It scares too many potential buyers away and affects published resale values. Its a good value when priced right.

Having Fun
By Jason on 07/03/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is great. Handles the road very well, love the turbo power. Very few blind spots. Not many of us on the road so you get a lot of looks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.