Used 2007 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

2007 to the old Saab of yester year..
By justin

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Solid car owned a fair share of Saabs, better build then my 2000 Saab 93 SE. However lacks the road feel and fun of an old pre GM models from the 80's and early 90's.

Favorite Features

Saab exterior design which stands out of the crowd, gearbox which for Saab is a vast improvement from past designs.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials rather cheap looking, miss side mount front reverse lights and side mounted forward turn off lights in the front light cluster (like early models).

Still Love It
By Sean D

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Its been a great car through 20K miles. Only complaint I had was when I tried to change the tire and there were caps on the lugs. The special tool was in the glove box. I had to call the dealer to figure this out. Other than that I've really loved this car. Its the only car I've planned to keep beyond two years... or at least until the warranty is up. Too bad Saab could end up being wiped out. Dealership has been superb. I've been really impressed with the service. Car is very comfortable on long trips. I drove 2000+ miles in the span of a week and they were all a pleasure.

Favorite Features

Styling, Color, 60th anniversary package, wheels, comfort, Bose sound with XM and AUX input, Gas mileage, performance, cargo space. Not many on the road which makes it a little special. The wheels look great on this car. The Bose sound system is heaven at any volume but especially when cranked up.

Suggested Improvements

Floor mats that stay in place, More favorites memory on radio. Less volume difference between XM and standard radio... Have to turn down when switching from XM to Standard radio. Wish the headrest could be moved a little further down and back. It can be removed but that's probably not a good idea.

Don't Let Saab Brand Die!
By Bob A

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Going on nearly 3 years with this car. Totally sweet experience. Comfortable yet sporty ride, nice performance, beautiful inside and out.

Favorite Features

Top operates easily and reliably with one touch. Decent trunk room when top is down - much better than hardtop convertibles from Volvo, BMW, VW. Cabin is comfortable and low noise when top is up.

Suggested Improvements

Would prefer manual control of lights, as opposed to all-time on.

No Regrets!
By Scott M

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 9-3 for 2 years now...overall very pleased -- perfect combo of sporty and practical; fairly comfortable for long trips, punchy fun when you want to zip around some backroads...Turbo makes it seem quicker than it probably is, steering is crisp; cuts through winter roads fine with aftermarket Goodyear's on it; cool (albeit quirky) body style. Great mpg (28-30). Pretty reliable -- 2-3 minor repairs under warranty.

Favorite Features

Turbo is a blast, suspension nicely balanced (comfort vs sport); unique exterior styling; practical room in the trunk & fold down seating; comfortable front seating; stereo w/XM; solid MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Very tight rear leg room, dumb trunk latch design, rear floor mats need some type of secure hook/button.

I'm in love
By odie6789

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my first Saab, and I can't believe what I was missing! This machine just cruises. I keep jackets in the trunk so I can keep the top down, even when it gets cool out. After about 3 weeks though, I brought it back to the dealer and had him reprogram the computer to defeat the daytime running lights (betcha didn't know they could do that, huh?). Now, off means off and on means on when the vehicle is on. I was even brave enough to put a Bubba cup in the dash cup holder. One gripe, I am having issues with the car reporting bulb failures that aren't there. Multiple trips to the dealer has not fixed this problem yet.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything between the front bumper and back bumper, this is one fun car.

Suggested Improvements

That sliding center armrest is too loose and slides on its own. Seemingly possessed air system that seems to want to do its own thing (air sets to defrost on cold mornings and I cannot turn it off). Maybe Europeans like the car to make all the decisions, but I like actually being in control.