2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Still Love It
By Sean D on 12/03/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Its been a great car through 20K miles. Only complaint I had was when I tried to change the tire and there were caps on the lugs. The special tool was in the glove box. I had to call the dealer to figure this out. Other than that I've really loved this car. Its the only car I've planned to keep beyond two years... or at least until the warranty is up. Too bad Saab could end up being wiped out. Dealership has been superb. I've been really impressed with the service. Car is very comfortable on long trips. I drove 2000+ miles in the span of a week and they were all a pleasure.

Don't Let Saab Brand Die!
By Bob A on 11/28/09 11:57 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Going on nearly 3 years with this car. Totally sweet experience. Comfortable yet sporty ride, nice performance, beautiful inside and out.

No Regrets!
By Scott M on 11/05/09 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 9-3 for 2 years now...overall very pleased -- perfect combo of sporty and practical; fairly comfortable for long trips, punchy fun when you want to zip around some backroads...Turbo makes it seem quicker than it probably is, steering is crisp; cuts through winter roads fine with aftermarket Goodyear's on it; cool (albeit quirky) body style. Great mpg (28-30). Pretty reliable -- 2-3 minor repairs under warranty.

I'm in love
By odie6789 on 10/28/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my first Saab, and I can't believe what I was missing! This machine just cruises. I keep jackets in the trunk so I can keep the top down, even when it gets cool out. After about 3 weeks though, I brought it back to the dealer and had him reprogram the computer to defeat the daytime running lights (betcha didn't know they could do that, huh?). Now, off means off and on means on when the vehicle is on. I was even brave enough to put a Bubba cup in the dash cup holder. One gripe, I am having issues with the car reporting bulb failures that aren't there. Multiple trips to the dealer has not fixed this problem yet.

Not Just Another Beemer
By TopDownDriver on 10/15/09 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the one to have... the 2WD Aero Convertible. People often give this car a double take, but instead of looking at you like you're a snob, they smile. Saab makes one of the safest convertibles on the road. The Aero front seats are upgraded and really comfortable. The back seats are surprisingly deep, be sure to actually sit back there. I like the power the turbo Aero has available, but still get close to 30 mpg on the highway. If I keep my foot out of it. The car is a cross between cool and charming, and it's different. Mine's been reliable. It's a front- driver, so a Beemer will handle better on a racetrack, but I prefer front drive stability in the real world's rain or snow.

Great car, flawed by mixed reliability
By GF on 08/24/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car to drive, and enjoy. Good size, performance and fun to drive. Unfortunately while it did not cost anything to fix as it is still under warranty, this car went into the dealer about 4 or 5 times over the 2 years for problems related to engine not starting or quitting unexpectedly. I had Saab's before with better luck, so maybe this was not typical.

Love it - great performance and value
By Steve on 08/24/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 6th SAAB. Looked serious at Audi A-3, but came back to SAAB because of value for $$. Bought new, now at 42K. Sport-combi, 2L turbo, 6 sp. manual, 17" wheels. Loaded except heated seats. 34mpg hwy! 3 small problems so far; seat memory does not work (after dealer replaced the entire seat memory module, it still won't hold a setting - I give up), drivers anti-pinch windows needed re-calibration, some front end noise at around 20K (doesn't seem to affect performance). I like that I can do my own basic maintenance. Snow tires in the winter and it drives to the ski area on powder days safely and with confidence. The rain sensing wipers don't work great; prefer adjustable intermittent.

Saab 9-3turbo, 60th anniversary edition
By waltzsaab on 08/11/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

An absolute joy to drive. Comfortable, quiet, and accelerates like a rocket! I Bought this car new and have driven it for two years and 25000 miles. It has been one of my best overall vehicle purchases considering my 50 years of driving experience. I am large, 6'3 and can actually stretch out in the front seats whether driving or riding as passenger. Fold down rear seats offer great storage capacity to the trunk. Lots of interior room-considering that this is a smaller vehicle. Warranty service has been great. Original battery died and one of the fog driving lamps went out, but both were replaced under warranty. (Florida heat takes its toll on auto parts).

60th Anniversary--Great Car
By grw on 07/06/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great pickup, comfortable seats and nice service plan. I commute about 50 highway miles a day and love the ride. The mileage is definitely better than listed. I moved from an AWD and was worried about winters but it chews up snow with no problem, even moving in close to a foot this past winter. The whole car just has a solid feel to it.

Good value and great looks
By JDR on 06/22/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love this car and its unique look. Best of all are the leather seats! Every single person that sits in this car says he never felt so comfortable. Long rides are a pleasure in this car. The road feel and handling is great. Highway gas mileage is more than acceptable!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.