2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Fun to Drive
By Perfect for me on 07/09/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 60th Anniversary edition which I preferred for its "fancy trim" package. I find the car to suit me well as it is small, yet seats four fairly comfortably, quick on its feet yet provides a nice MPG and its stylish without being pretentious.

Buy with CPO
By dgebler on 07/07/10 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2007 to get the car at half price w/ 3 years left on CPO warranty. The car has understated sportiness: it handles great for normal driving even if it wouldn't beat another car on a test track. Having the top down is great fun: easy to have conversations with the passenger.It's a car to take pride in and have fun with.

My First Saab and First Wagon
By drewtoo88 on 06/20/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Really like the looks of the 60th anniversary edition with the 17” rims. Black on black with the rear wing and front fog light. I get 23-24 at best. Highway you will get 27-28. Driving impressions: Stiff in the corners can be tedious on rough roads, lots of tire noise. Given this, it handles very well and passes like my VW GTI did. Corning is a blast with the manual mode. Inside impressions: Seats are really well done. The cargo area of the wagon is astonishingly roomy. Controls are nicely done and easy to operate. Back seat fit IS tight. The fit and finish are good, but a little cheap with some of the plastics. Over all though, it feels nice to sit in and look out of.

grandpa likes it
By brichmond on 05/06/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

it drives and handles excellent ,nice excelleration, comfort good,it has stife susspension can feel bumps in road but it is a sports car what do you expect. headlights at night excellent fuel milage ok around 14 in city on highway maybe 29- 31.dependable ,nice looking car, for smoker it needs ash tray. ha ha

Put this engine in a different body
By Bucky on 04/22/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Now at 60,000K. The sedan is definitely a small car but loves 80+ mph at 34+ mpg (on regular unleaded). Interior is kinda cheap for a $30,000 vehicle and I am not too keen with the useless bells and whistles. But it is clearly a true European sports sedan. And no major issues thus far.

Great Sleeper!
By Eric on 04/01/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just completing 3 years of ownership and still love to drive it. Looked at A4, 3 Series, etc and settled on Saab as the quirky underdog. But for the price (around $30k out the door at the time), much faster than similar priced cars, and none of the BMW snooty/arrogance in the in the image. More often than not, people are surprised by the power, the speed off the line, and the PASSING POWER - love driving this car on highways (great seats, good size, great visibility for a modern car...at least the sedan is, not sure of wagon). Not for those wanting quick respect from other "car people", but lots of fun if you want a practical compromise and still have a blast on an interstate.

What a fantastic power plant
By John on 03/25/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had our Saab for 2 years and 45k miles now. The car has performed flawlessly. The reliability has been fantastic. Love dealing with my dealer for parts and the free service. Would look at Saab again, especially now that they have their ownership issues under control.

A GREAT underappreciated Convertible
By Taylor on 03/18/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A fun, unusual car that stands out from the crowd! Ultracomfortable car looks superb in White with beige leather trim, reliable with good gas mileage, this is an under appreciated car that actually has a usable back seat compared to any others in its class, dealerships are few and far between, they have a good track record for looks, reliability and insurance, I am a very particular owner, have had many cars but this one is way and above the best in all areas, many safety features, security is good for a rag top, would trust it to take me anywhere, more importantly I trust the car with precious cargo, my wife, she gets a kick from driving it and has never failed us. Advice, buy a used one as you save money!

Too bad
By JDR on 03/16/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Good looks and safe car. The best seats for comfort hands down. The sad part, I have to boost the car every 6 weeks or so. Gone several times back to dealership, changed battery 3 times, changed steering lock mechanism, headlight bulbs burn every 4 months. Of course it never starts when I need it most! I.e., leaving on a trip to Florida with car fully packed with luggage and family, turn the key. No start! Call AAA for boost. What a pity. Cannot trust that the car will start! Fuel consumption in city driving is high for a 4 cyl, on the other hand highway fuel consumption is really good! I since sold the car as I will not pay premium price for a car that will leave me stranded!

2007 to the old Saab of yester year..
By justin on 02/27/10 15:49 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Solid car owned a fair share of Saabs, better build then my 2000 Saab 93 SE. However lacks the road feel and fun of an old pre GM models from the 80's and early 90's.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.