2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Pleasantly Surprised
By drewtoo88 on 09/15/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2007 9-3 SportCombi 60th anniversary addition in Dec ’09 w/34K mi – now have 67k. Issues: two head lamps replaced for $25. Things to be aware of: Oil changes - 2.0t takes (6) quarts of synthetic oil only, so $100 every 6.5K miles will add up and it only takes premium gas. Gas mileage - City 21, Highway 27 = average around 23. Full tune up at 60K = $700 (dealer $1k).

Sometimes I don't get Edmunds
By racebannon1 on 04/20/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Listed con in Edmunds review: Suspension should be stiffer on Aero models, ride can be choppy over bumps... So you want a stiffer suspension so that you can complain about the ride being choppy over bumps? Okay, got it. My review: I've owned this car for a few years & feel if ever there was a time to write a review it's now. If I have but one complaint it is that the interior, while is nice overall, has components of it that just feel cheap. Acceleration, gas mileage & the quality of this vehicle make it a steal as a used car. Cargo room is awesome and the ease to fold down the rear seats is super handy.

My First Saab and First Wagon
By drewtoo88 on 06/20/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Really like the looks of the 60th anniversary edition with the 17” rims. Black on black with the rear wing and front fog light. I get 23-24 at best. Highway you will get 27-28. Driving impressions: Stiff in the corners can be tedious on rough roads, lots of tire noise. Given this, it handles very well and passes like my VW GTI did. Corning is a blast with the manual mode. Inside impressions: Seats are really well done. The cargo area of the wagon is astonishingly roomy. Controls are nicely done and easy to operate. Back seat fit IS tight. The fit and finish are good, but a little cheap with some of the plastics. Over all though, it feels nice to sit in and look out of.

2007 to the old Saab of yester year..
By justin on 02/27/10 15:49 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Solid car owned a fair share of Saabs, better build then my 2000 Saab 93 SE. However lacks the road feel and fun of an old pre GM models from the 80's and early 90's.

No Regrets!
By Scott M on 11/05/09 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 9-3 for 2 years now...overall very pleased -- perfect combo of sporty and practical; fairly comfortable for long trips, punchy fun when you want to zip around some backroads...Turbo makes it seem quicker than it probably is, steering is crisp; cuts through winter roads fine with aftermarket Goodyear's on it; cool (albeit quirky) body style. Great mpg (28-30). Pretty reliable -- 2-3 minor repairs under warranty.

Love it - great performance and value
By Steve on 08/24/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 6th SAAB. Looked serious at Audi A-3, but came back to SAAB because of value for $$. Bought new, now at 42K. Sport-combi, 2L turbo, 6 sp. manual, 17" wheels. Loaded except heated seats. 34mpg hwy! 3 small problems so far; seat memory does not work (after dealer replaced the entire seat memory module, it still won't hold a setting - I give up), drivers anti-pinch windows needed re-calibration, some front end noise at around 20K (doesn't seem to affect performance). I like that I can do my own basic maintenance. Snow tires in the winter and it drives to the ski area on powder days safely and with confidence. The rain sensing wipers don't work great; prefer adjustable intermittent.

Great Vehicle
By Chris on 02/11/09 16:38 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Little leery of Saab before purchase, but absolutely love the ride.

Fun to drive, economical, good value.
By powder_chowder on 12/29/08 10:35 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Exhilarating and luxurious for the price with good gas mileage. 07' sportcombi wagon 2.0T 6 spd manual (only way to go for me) 17" wheels, Nocturne Blue; all options except heated seats, which would be nice. At 25K miles the car has been trouble free except the seat memory doesn't work; SAAB promises to replace. The mileage stated by Edmunds is severely under-rated; I'm averaging between 30- 35mpg combined on hilly highway/city travel, good for car with 210hp. The roof rack bolts on, making it easy to install/remove. I shopped the Audi A-3 (nice car too) and found it very similar in performance/handling, but the interior and trunk space was much smaller and Audi couldn't touch the price.

Very Pleased. I love this car
By futureray on 12/17/08 03:38 AM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this vehicle over a month ago. I had already done my homework and found the Saab Sportcombi was a great all around vehicle, and found one for less than a used 2007 Altima with standard features. Vehicle can be driven fast and fun, or more conservative, or like myself in something in between. With an automatic, I get 32 MPG on the highway, 26-27 in mixed driving, and 23 city that is great for a car that gives a nice ride, luxury appointments, and room to spare. One of my consideration was room for four, including 2 kids, 9 and 16. We all ride comfortably, I do have to give up a little legroom, as I am 6'-2" but still find it comfortable.

My Saab
By Carlos Santos on 03/28/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A lot of fun to drive. Great interior/ exterior design, comfortable and reliable. Great fuel economy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.