Used 2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

My first Saab—I'm in love!
By 73spider

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

To make the story short, I'm in love with this car. Everything about it is so pleasing. It's distinctively beautiful inside and out, with a very attractive interior and style that I find far superior to the German cars. The handling is exceptional for so heavy a car, and the ride is very pleasant—evidence of a supple suspension setup. The more I drive it, the more I respect the work of Saab engineers and designers. Even the colors of my car, silver with parchment leather, are stunning: people comment so favorably. I feel so happy to drive this Saab!

The power top is great fun to watch in operation, and it seals perfectly when raised without air leaks or water leaks. The car is amazingly quiet at speed, easily the top convertible I've ever had in that respect. Night Panel is a unique feature which allows you to switch off unnecessary instrument lights at night. The seats are marvelous, with wonderful leather upholstery and good adjustability. The car's interior is most attractive, simple and easy on the eyes. The 2 liter twincam turbomotor is a wonderful thing, smooth, quiet, powerful and flexible. And the car has great safety ratings, no small thing today.

The HVAC controls are a little cumbersome to use. The high tail end of the car makes backing difficult, but the style is worth it. This car is really about as good as a fine car needs to be, with a unique character. At this time Saab is in bankruptcy. Knowing this car as I do for even such a short time, I don't understand why the firm fell on hard times. I'm going to miss the choice Saab brought to the car market and wish I could have a Kombi wagon to go along with my convertible.

More Than Satisfied
By John L. Bell

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have no reason to tout this vehicle other than to give credit to Saab for building one of the best vehicles I have ever bought. It is a remarkable car in every respect and on a recent trip to MN from my home in FL my computer reflected 33.1 mpg at 2000 rpm. I am totally pleased with this vehicle. It is built like a tank and drives like a Porch, and a fun vehicle to drive, with, or without the top down There is but one item that I just can't like, and that is the standard equipment Radio/AM;FM;CD & Sat. to which I do NOT subscribe. This vehicle was purchased used in AL and was an excellent buy and an outstanding value.Fit and Finish are perfection at it's finest. I am a very happy owner.

Fit and Finish; Gas mileage; Appearance;Quality of leather in seats and tightness of top. This vehicle is total quality, just a superb car.

Improve Radio; too difficult & complex, speaker system (audio) is not the best clarity. CD is clear and sharp? Would I buy another Saab? Absolutely. J.L. Bell (signed) Destin, FL.

V6 Turbo Power
By Pete

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Saab. I looked at BMW, MB, Audi but purchased the Aero because it was better priced, less "common," and the performance is equivalent (especially with the V6). Excellent dealership service, very few issues over the past 18 months (defective battery shorted), and it turns head in the dark Fusion Blue. Glad to see Saab has been purchased and will continue on!

V6 Turbo- with a computerized tune, this engine can easily/safely produce 320+ HP (which provides exceptional acceleration). Aero seats are extremely comfortable, and very quiet for a convertible.

Only gripe with this car is the inability to control the headlights (GM has a fetish for driving lights, so they have disabled the headlight switch and have instructed dealers not to enable the switch when car is on, all lights are on, no choice)!

Buy with CPO
By dgebler

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2007 to get the car at half price w/ 3 years left on CPO warranty. The car has understated sportiness: it handles great for normal driving even if it wouldn't beat another car on a test track. Having the top down is great fun: easy to have conversations with the passenger.It's a car to take pride in and have fun with.

love remote top down feature; memory seats; XM radio

not enough storage room in the car; especially with the convertible (even though the glove box does lock)

A GREAT underappreciated Convertible
By Taylor

2007 Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A fun, unusual car that stands out from the crowd! Ultracomfortable car looks superb in White with beige leather trim, reliable with good gas mileage, this is an under appreciated car that actually has a usable back seat compared to any others in its class, dealerships are few and far between, they have a good track record for looks, reliability and insurance, I am a very particular owner, have had many cars but this one is way and above the best in all areas, many safety features, security is good for a rag top, would trust it to take me anywhere, more importantly I trust the car with precious cargo, my wife, she gets a kick from driving it and has never failed us. Advice, buy a used one as you save money!

Lovely exterior design, VERY comfortable and stylish interior,viewed as an entry level luxury car,if this is entry level then that's what I will keep buying,lots of legroom and head room when top is up, love that I can use the rear seats(not suited for tall adults), $'s less than BMW etc,equally as good

Get rid of the awful cup holder, improve the options of upgrading stereo,(even though it has 150 watt amp) an aftermarket capable Navigation option would be nice,push promotion of sale of these vehicles as they really are a great car.Change from 16" stock rims to 18" as this gives bigger footprint.