Used 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Underestimated
By oyebon

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car with 22K miles and now have just over 100K.
Overall the car provided great value for the money spent, under 20K.
Over the span of 6 years, had to replace 1 crank shift sensor 300$, 1 power window 300$, and a brake line 200$; rotors with brakes with run 500$ for a pair.
One dealership tried to con me out of a radiator for another 1K, so careful where you take it.
But if you can find a reliable place that does good maintenance work, you are in for a pleasant daily commute.

unique, subtle classiness, effortless acceleration, gas mileage, back seat lighting and air vents, Bose stereo system.

some cheap plastics, cup holders, endless false light bulb warnings.

A perfect, tasteful, delightful car.
By deathshot

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I honestly have no complaints about this car. It is powerful, fuel efficient, stylish, tasteful, sporty, and elegant. When you have a car as well-rounded as this, people often dig around for any little excuse to put her down. For instance, I see people bashing the interior or claiming that the handling isn't good enough. That's a load. This car's interior is fantastic. It is practical, minimal, and elegant in true Swedish style.

Saab was an uncompromising company with high standards and a progressive attitude. They simply didn't fit the mold of consumer sameness and that may have been their downfall. They made safe, fast cars with idiosyncratic personalities. They will be missed.

Speed, torque, minimal turbo lag, handling, exterior and interior design, seating, build quality, reliability, everything. A perfect car.

None. Saab really hit the nail right through the board on this one. Take that from a guy who test drives cars habitually and critically for fun. This is the best car for the money. PS - I dusted a 5 series the other day (they're faster, but not in the lows) GRAB THIS CAR WHILE YOU CAN AND TREAT HER WELL.

Great car - Great value
By jriroberts

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car - my third Saab. Bot it used in Jan 09. Drive 3 times a year from Maine to western PA (about 850 mi).
Always have used regular gasoline and my highway mileage is
consistently 36.5 mpg. I drive about
9 over speed limit and occasionally high 80's.
The car goes great, climbs the PA mountains with ease at any speed, accelerates on demand, and is wicked fun to drive. In town mileage averages 25. Not sure why my mileage is so much better than what others report except that I am driving a 6 spd manual and I'm apparently driving it very well:)
I am so sad that Saab is no longer. It delivers great bang for your buck! My 99 9-5 with 190k is used daily for commuting by my daughter

Turned down 2008 model for this 2007 one.
By smokythediesel

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2007 in 2009 with 22K on the odometer. I now have exactly 55555miles on it. It has an automatic transmission with manual mode. A few days after purchase at a local GM dealer the wind deflector (plastic cover under the front of the car) disintegrated taking out right fender cover with it on the highway. Same day I had bought all covers and hardware at different local Cadillac dealer. Installed it myself and noticed that the old cover (pieces of it) was new (paper still attached to it) and had only half the required screws installed. I already knew the dealers are criminals, so I do my own maintenance on all of my cars. This was the only problem I had with my saab 9-3. I love it!

2007 looks won me over, not to mention 15K price for a car that still looked and smelled like new. The ride is smooth and quiet. The manual mode can really turn this car into a speeding deamon. Seats are very comfortable and most importantly soft, unlike some other premium cars I had tried. Seats warm up quickly. Maintaining it is also fairly simple. Engine oil is only Rotella T6 5W40 and changes at 5K mile intervals exact (no moisture or deposits on the oil cap). Gas mileage is very good at 28MPG combined, which gets even better at higher highway speeds. The handling is truly impressive, but only after upgrading to 17" wheels and high speed tires.

This is note to self: Factory brake rotors and pads are defective filthy junk. Soon after purchase installed ATE premium One rotors and Akebono Ceramic pads: WOW. stops on a Dime, everytime and no dust or noise!! Factory tires could not wait to get rig of at 28K miles. Upgraded to high speed Toyo Extensa (great even in the snow, I could not believe it). Many plastic pieces of trim on the outside and inside are GM cheapies, so watch it be gentle with them. Currently have entire set of door panels and seats in the basement (ebay purchased from a like mine sedan with only 12K on the odometer) because this one is a keeper. There currently no recalls on 2007 9-3 I hope this review not spoil that!

Love the 60th Anniversary
By howie93x

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned my 9-3 for 14 months and have put 45k miles on it so far.
It has a total of 85k.
I had a few minor issues covered under warranty when I first picked up and since then it has been flawless.
This Saab drives very cleanly and is very fun to drive.
My BMW friends are always impressed with the comfort and also with the performance.
The Saab is built for safety, function, and fun to drive.
I thoroughly enjoy driving this car, especially on my once weekly trip over a very winding mountain road.

This is my 3rd Saab and 7th overall car.
So far it has been the most reliable car I have owned.

My favorite features are the sport bucket seats, driver focused interior, and sporty feel of the drive while getting good MPG. I average around 27-28mpg on fairly aggressive driving. The high mpg is usually about 32mpg for highway driving averaging about 75mph. Car has great passing acceleration with only a little turbo lag. Saab is great at producing a turbo that is wonderful going from 70 to 90 in no time at all, making passing a joy.

Cup holders in door would be great and better ability to integration of iPod or variety of smartphones.