2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Underestimated
By oyebon on 10/28/13 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car with 22K miles and now have just over 100K. Overall the car provided great value for the money spent, under 20K. Over the span of 6 years, had to replace 1 crank shift sensor 300$, 1 power window 300$, and a brake line 200$; rotors with brakes with run 500$ for a pair. One dealership tried to con me out of a radiator for another 1K, so careful where you take it. But if you can find a reliable place that does good maintenance work, you are in for a pleasant daily commute.

A perfect, tasteful, delightful car.
By deathshot on 04/27/12 02:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I honestly have no complaints about this car. It is powerful, fuel efficient, stylish, tasteful, sporty, and elegant. When you have a car as well-rounded as this, people often dig around for any little excuse to put her down. For instance, I see people bashing the interior or claiming that the handling isn't good enough. That's a load. This car's interior is fantastic. It is practical, minimal, and elegant in true Swedish style. Saab was an uncompromising company with high standards and a progressive attitude. They simply didn't fit the mold of consumer sameness and that may have been their downfall. They made safe, fast cars with idiosyncratic personalities. They will be missed.

Great car - Great value
By jriroberts on 01/27/12 12:45 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car - my third Saab. Bot it used in Jan 09. Drive 3 times a year from Maine to western PA (about 850 mi). Always have used regular gasoline and my highway mileage is consistently 36.5 mpg. I drive about 9 over speed limit and occasionally high 80's. The car goes great, climbs the PA mountains with ease at any speed, accelerates on demand, and is wicked fun to drive. In town mileage averages 25. Not sure why my mileage is so much better than what others report except that I am driving a 6 spd manual and I'm apparently driving it very well:) I am so sad that Saab is no longer. It delivers great bang for your buck! My 99 9-5 with 190k is used daily for commuting by my daughter

Turned down 2008 model for this 2007 one.
By smokythediesel on 08/28/11 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2007 in 2009 with 22K on the odometer. I now have exactly 55555miles on it. It has an automatic transmission with manual mode. A few days after purchase at a local GM dealer the wind deflector (plastic cover under the front of the car) disintegrated taking out right fender cover with it on the highway. Same day I had bought all covers and hardware at different local Cadillac dealer. Installed it myself and noticed that the old cover (pieces of it) was new (paper still attached to it) and had only half the required screws installed. I already knew the dealers are criminals, so I do my own maintenance on all of my cars. This was the only problem I had with my saab 9-3. I love it!

Love the 60th Anniversary
By howie93x on 07/03/11 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned my 9-3 for 14 months and have put 45k miles on it so far. It has a total of 85k. I had a few minor issues covered under warranty when I first picked up and since then it has been flawless. This Saab drives very cleanly and is very fun to drive. My BMW friends are always impressed with the comfort and also with the performance. The Saab is built for safety, function, and fun to drive. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car, especially on my once weekly trip over a very winding mountain road. This is my 3rd Saab and 7th overall car. So far it has been the most reliable car I have owned.

Fun to Drive
By Perfect for me on 07/09/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 60th Anniversary edition which I preferred for its "fancy trim" package. I find the car to suit me well as it is small, yet seats four fairly comfortably, quick on its feet yet provides a nice MPG and its stylish without being pretentious.

Put this engine in a different body
By Bucky on 04/22/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Now at 60,000K. The sedan is definitely a small car but loves 80+ mph at 34+ mpg (on regular unleaded). Interior is kinda cheap for a $30,000 vehicle and I am not too keen with the useless bells and whistles. But it is clearly a true European sports sedan. And no major issues thus far.

What a fantastic power plant
By John on 03/25/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had our Saab for 2 years and 45k miles now. The car has performed flawlessly. The reliability has been fantastic. Love dealing with my dealer for parts and the free service. Would look at Saab again, especially now that they have their ownership issues under control.

Too bad
By JDR on 03/16/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Good looks and safe car. The best seats for comfort hands down. The sad part, I have to boost the car every 6 weeks or so. Gone several times back to dealership, changed battery 3 times, changed steering lock mechanism, headlight bulbs burn every 4 months. Of course it never starts when I need it most! I.e., leaving on a trip to Florida with car fully packed with luggage and family, turn the key. No start! Call AAA for boost. What a pity. Cannot trust that the car will start! Fuel consumption in city driving is high for a 4 cyl, on the other hand highway fuel consumption is really good! I since sold the car as I will not pay premium price for a car that will leave me stranded!

Still Love It
By Sean D on 12/03/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Its been a great car through 20K miles. Only complaint I had was when I tried to change the tire and there were caps on the lugs. The special tool was in the glove box. I had to call the dealer to figure this out. Other than that I've really loved this car. Its the only car I've planned to keep beyond two years... or at least until the warranty is up. Too bad Saab could end up being wiped out. Dealership has been superb. I've been really impressed with the service. Car is very comfortable on long trips. I drove 2000+ miles in the span of a week and they were all a pleasure.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.