Used 2007 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

NICE car - in love, no plans to ever sell her
By jonnyb433

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought new, 60th anniversary, ice blue met, roof rack & spoiler, 17" wheels, automatic, anniv leather. Now just over 50k miles on her (in storage for a while), never happier with her. She has plenty of power, gets decent mileage 23-24 mpg ave. Repl some bulbs (not incredibly easy to replace) and change oil ($100 or so once per year, mobil1 synth), that's really about it. Only 'maintenance' we've had was a set of rear brakes & rotors - pads burned straight through at about 20k miles, warranty refused, generally pretty pissed about that 'cause there's no way rears should wear that fast! My second Saab, and just bought the third, a low-mileage 2011 9-5.

Beautiful looks, aggressive stance. Interior is geared towards the driving experience, seats are comfortable and supportive. Subwoofer makes the stereo really sweet.

Better gas mileage would have been nice, wish i'd opted for the bluetooth comms system. Quirky, transformer-y dash cupholder won't handle the big gulp, but has been surprisingly robust (it sure don't look like it'd last).

Underestimated
By oyebon

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car with 22K miles and now have just over 100K. Overall the car provided great value for the money spent, under 20K. Over the span of 6 years, had to replace 1 crank shift sensor 300$, 1 power window 300$, and a brake line 200$; rotors with brakes with run 500$ for a pair. One dealership tried to con me out of a radiator for another 1K, so careful where you take it. But if you can find a reliable place that does good maintenance work, you are in for a pleasant daily commute.

unique, subtle classiness, effortless acceleration, gas mileage, back seat lighting and air vents, Bose stereo system.

some cheap plastics, cup holders, endless false light bulb warnings.

A perfect, tasteful, delightful car.
By deathshot

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I honestly have no complaints about this car. It is powerful, fuel efficient, stylish, tasteful, sporty, and elegant. When you have a car as well-rounded as this, people often dig around for any little excuse to put her down. For instance, I see people bashing the interior or claiming that the handling isn't good enough. That's a load. This car's interior is fantastic. It is practical, minimal, and elegant in true Swedish style. Saab was an uncompromising company with high standards and a progressive attitude. They simply didn't fit the mold of consumer sameness and that may have been their downfall. They made safe, fast cars with idiosyncratic personalities. They will be missed.

Speed, torque, minimal turbo lag, handling, exterior and interior design, seating, build quality, reliability, everything. A perfect car.

None. Saab really hit the nail right through the board on this one. Take that from a guy who test drives cars habitually and critically for fun. This is the best car for the money. PS - I dusted a 5 series the other day (they're faster, but not in the lows) GRAB THIS CAR WHILE YOU CAN AND TREAT HER WELL.

My first Saab—I'm in love!
By 73spider

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

To make the story short, I'm in love with this car. Everything about it is so pleasing. It's distinctively beautiful inside and out, with a very attractive interior and style that I find far superior to the German cars. The handling is exceptional for so heavy a car, and the ride is very pleasant—evidence of a supple suspension setup. The more I drive it, the more I respect the work of Saab engineers and designers. Even the colors of my car, silver with parchment leather, are stunning: people comment so favorably. I feel so happy to drive this Saab!

The power top is great fun to watch in operation, and it seals perfectly when raised without air leaks or water leaks. The car is amazingly quiet at speed, easily the top convertible I've ever had in that respect. Night Panel is a unique feature which allows you to switch off unnecessary instrument lights at night. The seats are marvelous, with wonderful leather upholstery and good adjustability. The car's interior is most attractive, simple and easy on the eyes. The 2 liter twincam turbomotor is a wonderful thing, smooth, quiet, powerful and flexible. And the car has great safety ratings, no small thing today.

The HVAC controls are a little cumbersome to use. The high tail end of the car makes backing difficult, but the style is worth it. This car is really about as good as a fine car needs to be, with a unique character. At this time Saab is in bankruptcy. Knowing this car as I do for even such a short time, I don't understand why the firm fell on hard times. I'm going to miss the choice Saab brought to the car market and wish I could have a Kombi wagon to go along with my convertible.

Great car - Great value
By jriroberts

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car - my third Saab. Bot it used in Jan 09. Drive 3 times a year from Maine to western PA (about 850 mi). Always have used regular gasoline and my highway mileage is consistently 36.5 mpg. I drive about 9 over speed limit and occasionally high 80's. The car goes great, climbs the PA mountains with ease at any speed, accelerates on demand, and is wicked fun to drive. In town mileage averages 25. Not sure why my mileage is so much better than what others report except that I am driving a 6 spd manual and I'm apparently driving it very well:) I am so sad that Saab is no longer. It delivers great bang for your buck! My 99 9-5 with 190k is used daily for commuting by my daughter