2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Underestimated
By oyebon on 10/28/13 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car with 22K miles and now have just over 100K. Overall the car provided great value for the money spent, under 20K. Over the span of 6 years, had to replace 1 crank shift sensor 300$, 1 power window 300$, and a brake line 200$; rotors with brakes with run 500$ for a pair. One dealership tried to con me out of a radiator for another 1K, so careful where you take it. But if you can find a reliable place that does good maintenance work, you are in for a pleasant daily commute.

A perfect, tasteful, delightful car.
By deathshot on 04/27/12 02:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I honestly have no complaints about this car. It is powerful, fuel efficient, stylish, tasteful, sporty, and elegant. When you have a car as well-rounded as this, people often dig around for any little excuse to put her down. For instance, I see people bashing the interior or claiming that the handling isn't good enough. That's a load. This car's interior is fantastic. It is practical, minimal, and elegant in true Swedish style. Saab was an uncompromising company with high standards and a progressive attitude. They simply didn't fit the mold of consumer sameness and that may have been their downfall. They made safe, fast cars with idiosyncratic personalities. They will be missed.

My first Saab—I'm in love!
By 73spider on 04/07/12 15:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

To make the story short, I'm in love with this car. Everything about it is so pleasing. It's distinctively beautiful inside and out, with a very attractive interior and style that I find far superior to the German cars. The handling is exceptional for so heavy a car, and the ride is very pleasant—evidence of a supple suspension setup. The more I drive it, the more I respect the work of Saab engineers and designers. Even the colors of my car, silver with parchment leather, are stunning: people comment so favorably. I feel so happy to drive this Saab!

Great car - Great value
By jriroberts on 01/27/12 12:45 PM (PST)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car - my third Saab. Bot it used in Jan 09. Drive 3 times a year from Maine to western PA (about 850 mi). Always have used regular gasoline and my highway mileage is consistently 36.5 mpg. I drive about 9 over speed limit and occasionally high 80's. The car goes great, climbs the PA mountains with ease at any speed, accelerates on demand, and is wicked fun to drive. In town mileage averages 25. Not sure why my mileage is so much better than what others report except that I am driving a 6 spd manual and I'm apparently driving it very well:) I am so sad that Saab is no longer. It delivers great bang for your buck! My 99 9-5 with 190k is used daily for commuting by my daughter

Pleasantly Surprised
By drewtoo88 on 09/15/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2007 9-3 SportCombi 60th anniversary addition in Dec ’09 w/34K mi – now have 67k. Issues: two head lamps replaced for $25. Things to be aware of: Oil changes - 2.0t takes (6) quarts of synthetic oil only, so $100 every 6.5K miles will add up and it only takes premium gas. Gas mileage - City 21, Highway 27 = average around 23. Full tune up at 60K = $700 (dealer $1k).

Turned down 2008 model for this 2007 one.
By smokythediesel on 08/28/11 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2007 in 2009 with 22K on the odometer. I now have exactly 55555miles on it. It has an automatic transmission with manual mode. A few days after purchase at a local GM dealer the wind deflector (plastic cover under the front of the car) disintegrated taking out right fender cover with it on the highway. Same day I had bought all covers and hardware at different local Cadillac dealer. Installed it myself and noticed that the old cover (pieces of it) was new (paper still attached to it) and had only half the required screws installed. I already knew the dealers are criminals, so I do my own maintenance on all of my cars. This was the only problem I had with my saab 9-3. I love it!

Love the 60th Anniversary
By howie93x on 07/03/11 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned my 9-3 for 14 months and have put 45k miles on it so far. It has a total of 85k. I had a few minor issues covered under warranty when I first picked up and since then it has been flawless. This Saab drives very cleanly and is very fun to drive. My BMW friends are always impressed with the comfort and also with the performance. The Saab is built for safety, function, and fun to drive. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car, especially on my once weekly trip over a very winding mountain road. This is my 3rd Saab and 7th overall car. So far it has been the most reliable car I have owned.

Sometimes I don't get Edmunds
By racebannon1 on 04/20/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Listed con in Edmunds review: Suspension should be stiffer on Aero models, ride can be choppy over bumps... So you want a stiffer suspension so that you can complain about the ride being choppy over bumps? Okay, got it. My review: I've owned this car for a few years & feel if ever there was a time to write a review it's now. If I have but one complaint it is that the interior, while is nice overall, has components of it that just feel cheap. Acceleration, gas mileage & the quality of this vehicle make it a steal as a used car. Cargo room is awesome and the ease to fold down the rear seats is super handy.

More Than Satisfied
By John L. Bell on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have no reason to tout this vehicle other than to give credit to Saab for building one of the best vehicles I have ever bought. It is a remarkable car in every respect and on a recent trip to MN from my home in FL my computer reflected 33.1 mpg at 2000 rpm. I am totally pleased with this vehicle. It is built like a tank and drives like a Porch, and a fun vehicle to drive, with, or without the top down There is but one item that I just can't like, and that is the standard equipment Radio/AM;FM;CD & Sat. to which I do NOT subscribe. This vehicle was purchased used in AL and was an excellent buy and an outstanding value.Fit and Finish are perfection at it's finest. I am a very happy owner.

V6 Turbo Power
By Pete on 07/17/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Saab. I looked at BMW, MB, Audi but purchased the Aero because it was better priced, less "common," and the performance is equivalent (especially with the V6). Excellent dealership service, very few issues over the past 18 months (defective battery shorted), and it turns head in the dark Fusion Blue. Glad to see Saab has been purchased and will continue on!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.