2006 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: Very reliable with great gas m

2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Very reliable with great gas mileage
By Sam on

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had to drive a lot more the last four months with a job change, so I am now putting a lot more mileage on my Saab than I did initially. Only have 26,000 miles but expect to have 36,000 by next May when the car turns three. So far, it has been trouble free except for the decal coming off the hood once which was fixed under warranty. Otherwise, this car gets great gas mileage (29-36 on highway, 18-24 in city - beating EPA estimates of 19 and 29), is completely reliable, and has the acceleration of a new V6 Honda Accord with about 10 mpg better. No smoking engines, no batteries, no rotors - none of the problems others report. I guess I live a charmed life.

Great gas mileage, nice quality interior, nice ride, great acceleration when you need it (little turbo lag).

The interior has already been simplified on the new models, although the old one did not bother me too much. Since GM is probably going to get rid of this division, make it part of Cadillac since they are both the upscale cars of the brand, please.