2006 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: OOPS Wrong car.

2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

Aero SportCombi Wagon (2.8L V6 Turbo 6-speed Manual)

OOPS Wrong car.
By notstock on

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Well I got suckered by the lure of a 'Good deal" I needed a cheap family vehicle and I found a 2006 SportCombi Aero with 56K miles for only 11.5K, paid cash and now I know why it was so cheap.
It started having problems on the way home from buying the stupid car.
It's got this weird surging hesitation under partial throttle.
A grinding clanking from the engine, and a weird high pitched whine from the audio system even if it's turned off.
This is a one owner dealer maintained car with full service records, so I know it was taken care of. I'm really disappointed because I liked the performance in a car that I don't see dozens of every day.
UNIQUE, I like that.
Unreliable and broken NOPE.

I like the way it looks. The performance for the price is great. The front seats are wonderfully comfortable. Upscale feel for bottom basement price. (At least in the used market) I have the Auto, not quite sure why there is no SportCombi Aero Wagon with auto trans option on the choose your model section.

Some of the interior trim could be of higher quality. Not breaking down on the way home from buying it would be nice. I'm trading it in on a Subaru Outback in the morning after 48 hours of ownership. Maybe if it hadn't broken down right away I'd be willing to give it more of a chance.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review