2006 Saab 9-3 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not Safe

2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Not Safe
By brijitte on

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

While driving at 11:30 pm on a small country (paved) road with my high beams on, my warning system indicated "Left High Beam Failure. About a minute later the left head light was in flames. Within 15 minutes the entire front half/engine of the car was in flames and subsequently burned/melted the entire front half of the car. There were less than 80,000 miles on the car. After month and a half Saab still has not investigated this issue and refuses to acknowledge the issue. I have pictures of the fire that I am happy to share. It was a horrible experience, and I am not sure how Saab can have such reputation for safety.
By sblueknigt
on 11/01/14 09:12 AM (PDT)

I have this car and I'm currently having a similar problem, but no fire yet (I had a close call where the tail light circuit board literally melted and needed to be replaced). It seems to be a BAD short circuit that affects my high beam headlights, tail lights, and dome lights. It also affects my temperature sensor and one of the stereo amps. It used to be related to high relative humidity, but seems to occur almost always lately. I always hear a click in the dash somewhere when it starts happening. Did you find out the cause? Is there a fix before my car bursts into flames? Any clues to the source would help. [contact info removed] I really want to prevent this before it happens! Thank you in advance.