Used 2006 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

LOVE MY CAR
By Lori

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Memorial day this year I hit a deer head on at 65 mph. Grateful no one got hurt, but concerned the airbags didn't go off. I am still waiting for it to be fixed-over $8200 of damage. I miss my car, as it has been fantastic to drive. Never any problems not even in snow. But getting parts for a Saab I find isn't easy. I am told I am #123 in line for the radiator mount, and no clue on how long it takes to fill the back order. Ugh! But hopefully it is before summer is over, as this is why I bought the car. To put the top-down and go for my long drives. This car has been worth every Penny I paid on it.

One-touch convertible, no latches, just press and hold and watch it go down!

like everyone else-cup holder!!the pop- out one is very flimsy, I use it to hold my ipod or Sirius as I don't trust a drink being in it. Also a car this nice the passenger seat also should have the same features as the driver's seat.

Best Car I've ever owned!
By boomer47

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Saab new in 2006 after quite a bit of due diligence and it has been best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, economical, reliable, and very functional. It's great in the snow and the turbo gives it great acceleration.

Turbo, great in snow, fabulous sound system, lots of front passenger room. Stylish and very reliable.

The original equipment Perrelli tires were not very good. The latch on the rear hatch should open when the doors are opened.

2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero
By B

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The turbo V6 has more power than you’ll ever need without sacrificing power over fuel economy. Love the buttons, once you get used to them the entire car is extremely convenient to operate. Love the white with black trim leather sport seats, extremely comfortable. Great car in the city with the blind spot pass. mirror, drivers information center up top on the dash – quick glance and your back to traffic, acceleration, compass, display rear parking sensors, and the car itself is easy to see around you. I love driving in the snow, traction control is set perfectly for ice and the tiptronic shift is easy to slow down. The car is a ton of fun driving through the mountains. Cool keys!

A look of its own! power, turbo gauge, low tone exhaust sound, comfortable seats front & rear, fuel economy display, hold down unlock to roll down the windows and sunroof, trunk storage, leather door panels, tiptronic shift, ignition location, auto wipers and headlights, Great Factory Warranty

Brake dust, plastic parts, without added subs your 13 speaker sound system is boring, phone works only in Sweden, ran out of gas and the DTE said I had 36 miles left, have to go forward a screen every time you change a song on a CD to see the title of the song, auto windows get off, can reset yourself

My Jet
By Islah

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I saw the Combi in 07 and i fell in love with the car, it looked like a Red jet coming from the other side, It looked beautiful and since then i was trying to buy this car but they seldom come out for sell, used that is. I finally bought the car last week, and in love with it. can't stop thinking about it. I didn't know, driving a car could be this much fun. I also have an 02 525i, and it delivers its own fun, but the sheer driving pleasure that this car provides is out of the ordinary. There is plastic all around is because the car needs to be light on its feet like Acura RDX.

A great car, but some complaints.
By volunteerals

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been really excellent, but not perfect. As the first new car I bought for myself out of college, I wanted something that would last me for years, get good gas mileage, and was fun to drive. So far, so good! The gas mileage is pretty good, I average about 28 mpg in the winter. The styling is nice, but the interior is a little bland. My biggest complaint would have to be the brakes. I had to replace them far too early in my opinion, and was told that Saab had changed the braking ratio without changing the brakes. Not cool. The top speed in first gear is also quite low, little oomph until 2nd. Otherwise, none of the problems others have had, such as electrical and whatnot.

Speed is great once you get into second gear and above. Comfortable to drive, even on long trips.

Better brakes, improved gas mileage.

• SUV