2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
OOPS Wrong car.
By notstock on 10/30/11 23:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Well I got suckered by the lure of a 'Good deal" I needed a cheap family vehicle and I found a 2006 SportCombi Aero with 56K miles for only 11.5K, paid cash and now I know why it was so cheap. It started having problems on the way home from buying the stupid car. It's got this weird surging hesitation under partial throttle. A grinding clanking from the engine, and a weird high pitched whine from the audio system even if it's turned off. This is a one owner dealer maintained car with full service records, so I know it was taken care of. I'm really disappointed because I liked the performance in a car that I don't see dozens of every day. UNIQUE, I like that. Unreliable and broken NOPE.

Best Car I've ever owned!
By boomer47 on 04/02/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Saab new in 2006 after quite a bit of due diligence and it has been best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, economical, reliable, and very functional. It's great in the snow and the turbo gives it great acceleration.

My Jet
By Islah on 03/03/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I saw the Combi in 07 and i fell in love with the car, it looked like a Red jet coming from the other side, It looked beautiful and since then i was trying to buy this car but they seldom come out for sell, used that is. I finally bought the car last week, and in love with it. can't stop thinking about it. I didn't know, driving a car could be this much fun. I also have an 02 525i, and it delivers its own fun, but the sheer driving pleasure that this car provides is out of the ordinary. There is plastic all around is because the car needs to be light on its feet like Acura RDX.

A Sweet Swede
By Sold on Saab on 11/08/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought it new and it's still under warranty. Love the design and utility. I've driven it across country and back twice in great comfort and safety. Superb handling allowed me to avoid being rear-ended by another driver. Handled a blizzard in Chicago in February. Routinely get 33 mpg on freeways using cruise control. Great buy compared to BMW or Audi - thousands less. HID headlights are the best I've ever seen with. Real red walnut trim is classy. Only issue is self-locking doors; they sometimes engage/disengage/engage several times when starting; dealer can't seem to correct this. Will definitely consider another Saab when I'm ready for another new car.

Buying Saab was the worst decision of my
By Nataliya on 10/13/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I can say now confidently that buying Saab from GM was the worst decision we made with my husband so far in our lives! The car design is simply put flawed, the car is constantly breaking and each morning you are praying that your 3-year old nice looking car will start. I had 6 battery problems each time it is something new around the battery: faulty switch, wires, corrosion, alternator, throttle motor is draining it... 5 issues with coolant system, my AC was passing smoke into the cabin since antifreeze was leaking into AC system, ESP failure, faulty gas cap, etc. Not mentioning constantly peeling exterior, cracking knobs on the dashboard, leaking washer nozzles and tank...

77000 Miles and No Problems
By RogKel on 09/09/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Still a quiet, smooth ride. 2.0t has more than adequate power. Summer mileage 26 to 28 mpg on regular; winter mileage 23 to 25 in NH. No mechanical or electrical problems other than H7 low beam bulbs have a 4-6 month life expectancy. Exterior and interior have held up well. Highly recommend.

Details, details, details!!!
By CMC on 09/08/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought used in '08 w/20k miles. Has everything but nav. After 16k miles/12 months, car feels like development stopped at 85%. All the pieces are there, just not fine-tuned the last 15%. Strong drivetrain performance (2.0t w/5-speed auto), but average gas mileage (mid-20s on highway). Steering is light/fast, but ominous popping/clicking noises from front end when turning at low speed. Smooth road ride is exemplary; rough road ride is jittery/harsh. Seats are comfortable/durable; rest of interior has too much brittle plastic. HVAC/radio too button-intensive. Interior squeaks and rattles are starting. Well-designed conceptually, but execution lacking. Resale value plummeting even after 3 years.

Update to 10/28/2006 & 7/21/2006 Reviews
By Jyerka on 08/20/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have put a few years of road tripping and hauling mountain bikes and snow boards in this car, still fun to drive. (~50Kmiles) Turbo is excellent now that I have moved to Denver (5500ft.). I can drive it in the snow easily- advantage being I grew up in the snow, I was more worried about having 17" wheels. No mechanical or electrical problems, exterior and interior have held up well against rough use. No change in gas mileage, I saw an increase when moving to CO (not sure why). Useful tools and jack, I use the cargo cover at trail heads. Only worry is brakes are weak for about 30 seconds after starting car, weird.

Could be better
By CP on 02/16/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is a great car, but have had problems with steering wheel locking and key not working car at all,this has happened a few times, they said nothing could be done about it .. problem for that year? Have had electrical quirks, and had to have key reprogrammed. It has speed unreal, can go so fast in seconds. Seats are extremely comfortable, and the gas mileage has been fantastic. It is like the car that keeps giving in the fuel department! The quirks are annoying to say the least for such low mileage, but if I had not had a problem with the above mentioned, the car would rate a 10 in my book hands down.

So far so good
By maxedsaab on 02/03/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I hope that this will provide a bit of a longterm insight. My SportCombi has 32000 miles now. It is still a blast to drive. Always leaves me with a smile. Tested multiple cars prior to this choice. Traded in a 2003 Passat wagon. Love practicality of this wagon and it has a great profile. Drove A3, A4, BMW 325x, Mazda6 wagon, and none were perfect. Chose Saab for a couple of reasons, cost, fun to drive, practicality and style. No major headaches, just some minor quirks, such as the keys needing reprogrammed. I was afraid at first that the interior may not hold up, but it has. Original Pirelli tires stunk, have new Potenzas and it is night and day. All and all very pleased.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.