Used 2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

OOPS Wrong car.
By notstock

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Well I got suckered by the lure of a 'Good deal" I needed a cheap family vehicle and I found a 2006 SportCombi Aero with 56K miles for only 11.5K, paid cash and now I know why it was so cheap. It started having problems on the way home from buying the stupid car. It's got this weird surging hesitation under partial throttle. A grinding clanking from the engine, and a weird high pitched whine from the audio system even if it's turned off. This is a one owner dealer maintained car with full service records, so I know it was taken care of. I'm really disappointed because I liked the performance in a car that I don't see dozens of every day. UNIQUE, I like that. Unreliable and broken NOPE.

I like the way it looks. The performance for the price is great. The front seats are wonderfully comfortable. Upscale feel for bottom basement price. (At least in the used market) I have the Auto, not quite sure why there is no SportCombi Aero Wagon with auto trans option on the choose your model section.

Some of the interior trim could be of higher quality. Not breaking down on the way home from buying it would be nice. I'm trading it in on a Subaru Outback in the morning after 48 hours of ownership. Maybe if it hadn't broken down right away I'd be willing to give it more of a chance.

Best Car I've ever owned!
By boomer47

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Saab new in 2006 after quite a bit of due diligence and it has been best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, economical, reliable, and very functional. It's great in the snow and the turbo gives it great acceleration.

Turbo, great in snow, fabulous sound system, lots of front passenger room. Stylish and very reliable.

The original equipment Perrelli tires were not very good. The latch on the rear hatch should open when the doors are opened.

My Jet
By Islah

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I saw the Combi in 07 and i fell in love with the car, it looked like a Red jet coming from the other side, It looked beautiful and since then i was trying to buy this car but they seldom come out for sell, used that is. I finally bought the car last week, and in love with it. can't stop thinking about it. I didn't know, driving a car could be this much fun. I also have an 02 525i, and it delivers its own fun, but the sheer driving pleasure that this car provides is out of the ordinary. There is plastic all around is because the car needs to be light on its feet like Acura RDX.

A Sweet Swede
By Sold on Saab

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought it new and it's still under warranty. Love the design and utility. I've driven it across country and back twice in great comfort and safety. Superb handling allowed me to avoid being rear-ended by another driver. Handled a blizzard in Chicago in February. Routinely get 33 mpg on freeways using cruise control. Great buy compared to BMW or Audi - thousands less. HID headlights are the best I've ever seen with. Real red walnut trim is classy. Only issue is self-locking doors; they sometimes engage/disengage/engage several times when starting; dealer can't seem to correct this. Will definitely consider another Saab when I'm ready for another new car.

Seat comfort, active head restraints, manumatic transmission, exterior styling, cargo capacity, acceleration, handling and braking, rear fog light, remote auto open windows and sunroof (great on hot days - allows built-up heat to escape), excellent safety rating.

Program to unlock all doors when engine is turned off, rather than just driver's door, ventilated seats (not just heated).

Buying Saab was the worst decision of my
By Nataliya

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I can say now confidently that buying Saab from GM was the worst decision we made with my husband so far in our lives! The car design is simply put flawed, the car is constantly breaking and each morning you are praying that your 3-year old nice looking car will start. I had 6 battery problems each time it is something new around the battery: faulty switch, wires, corrosion, alternator, throttle motor is draining it... 5 issues with coolant system, my AC was passing smoke into the cabin since antifreeze was leaking into AC system, ESP failure, faulty gas cap, etc. Not mentioning constantly peeling exterior, cracking knobs on the dashboard, leaking washer nozzles and tank...

Design of the dashboard and seats.

Start from scratch and change everything after GM destroyed Saab as a brand. Stop cutting cost in areas where it is unacceptable.