2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
I miss my Swede Racer =*(
By aeropower on 04/23/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

sold my '06 9-3 Aero Aug 2013 & replaced it w/a 2009 2.0T for fuel efficiency & I regret it every day. The 2.0T is plagued w/sensor probs that throw the car into limp home mode. Bought my 2.0T in Nov w/69k miles & it's been in the shop 2X & will be going again next week. I've only put 2500 mi on it. But I digress, this review is for the '06 Aero. The car was perfect for me. Sold it with 116k mi & it was still running beautifully. Needed a new radiator & some minor suspension repairs but the car still moved like it did when i bought it w/31k mi in 2008. Selling the 2.0T to look for another '06 Aero with the button dash. Feel like I gave up a child in August. haha

2006 Saab Aero
By neuchy on 02/11/13 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car drives beautifully. The ride is firm, sporty firm that is. Some may find it uncomfortable on the cracked roads of Michigan. Performance wise, the car will provide more power than you'll ever need. Don't be surprised if you find yourself driving at 110mph the first week or two you get it. The ride is so smooth you don't even realize you're driving at high speed. The acceleration is simply astonishing. Whether you're already driving at 70 or 30mph you'll feel the same phenomenal pull! I have been able to drive the car on all surfaces and I must say it handles horribly on the snow. I ended up facing the wrong direction when I took a Michigan left (at only 5mph!!!)

Not Safe
By brijitte on 10/20/11 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

While driving at 11:30 pm on a small country (paved) road with my high beams on, my warning system indicated "Left High Beam Failure. About a minute later the left head light was in flames. Within 15 minutes the entire front half/engine of the car was in flames and subsequently burned/melted the entire front half of the car. There were less than 80,000 miles on the car. After month and a half Saab still has not investigated this issue and refuses to acknowledge the issue. I have pictures of the fire that I am happy to share. It was a horrible experience, and I am not sure how Saab can have such reputation for safety.

Disappointing
By psbob on 06/17/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had three SAAB's and am currently still driving my 89 900S. What an utter disappointment. I know on paper this car is much better than previous models. Sitting down in the car, my first impression was that I had lost my best friend. The car has none of the charm that my other SAAB's have had. It felt like a gussied up cavalier. None of the materials in the car seemed first rate. With the current financial problems (and I see why, it doesn't feel like a SAAB SAAB) coupled with the not so nice feel of the car, guess I won't be bringing home the next one. I drove the new S60 and it felt more like a SAAB than this car.

Best car for the value
By Surprised Saab Owner on 08/10/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After looking at similar class cars nothing beat the value of the 93 Aero. Cheaper than the competition with little difference between featured and performance. Fun to drive. It is terrible in the snow, I was expecting better from a front wheel drive car.

2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero
By B on 03/16/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The turbo V6 has more power than you’ll ever need without sacrificing power over fuel economy. Love the buttons, once you get used to them the entire car is extremely convenient to operate. Love the white with black trim leather sport seats, extremely comfortable. Great car in the city with the blind spot pass. mirror, drivers information center up top on the dash – quick glance and your back to traffic, acceleration, compass, display rear parking sensors, and the car itself is easy to see around you. I love driving in the snow, traction control is set perfectly for ice and the tiptronic shift is easy to slow down. The car is a ton of fun driving through the mountains. Cool keys!

A great car, but some complaints.
By volunteerals on 02/10/10 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been really excellent, but not perfect. As the first new car I bought for myself out of college, I wanted something that would last me for years, get good gas mileage, and was fun to drive. So far, so good! The gas mileage is pretty good, I average about 28 mpg in the winter. The styling is nice, but the interior is a little bland. My biggest complaint would have to be the brakes. I had to replace them far too early in my opinion, and was told that Saab had changed the braking ratio without changing the brakes. Not cool. The top speed in first gear is also quite low, little oomph until 2nd. Otherwise, none of the problems others have had, such as electrical and whatnot.

Solid car
By kpdgo on 02/02/10 13:17 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent car. I don't drive everyday, but when I do drive, I often take trips from 100-200 miles in a day. The car is very comfortable, even after a couple of hours. The mileage is very good on the highway (30+mpg); decent on country roads (22-26mpg); not as good on short trips (20-21mpg). The sound system is good, but not great by any means. The radio reception is very good, especially by SAAB standards.

Long live my SAAB
By B on 01/31/10 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car. Fun to drive. More than enough power that you could ask for. stylish inside and out. Warranty has been great

GREAT CAR
By saabian on 01/23/10 11:02 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently got this car for a Christmas present from my parents. I'm seventeen years old and previously had a 2005 accord. So far I loooove the Saab. It drives like a dream and has wonderful gas mileage. All my friends love my car. It doesn't take long to get used to the ignition in the console but leaving your sunroof open while raining it could cause a problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.