Used 2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Best Every Day Driver I Have Owned
By Matt

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 2006 9-3 with a manual transmission 5 years ago with 70k miles on it. I now have 130k miles on it. It is by far the best every day driver I have owned. It handles great in all weather conditions and is extremely reliable. I have not had any breakdowns, it gets good mpg, has good acceleration, and again handles great! I have done regular maintenance using the recommended Mobile 1 full synthetic European blend oil every 5k miles as well as some normal wear and tear items on a 100k mi car ei: brakes, rotors, and a clutch. All electronics and mechanical items on the car still work like new. If you are looking for a used vehicle that is reliable and fun to drive, I would strongly recommend the Saab.

My Saab
By Jpser 05

Saab 9-3 2006
By Keenan walker

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Loved my Saab 9-3, 2.0T 06. This car was easy to maintain DIY for basic stuff like plugs oil brakes struts etc. sensors can go haywire if u tool around in the wrong places so be careful while working around any electronics. I disabled my traction control when I lowered it by shorting one of the abs hub sensor wires, was horrible. Turbo lag is not bad at all, keep it on the pipe and you will be good. Very controllable chassis especially after strut upgrade and lowering springs. Bottom line, if u want something extravagant and pretty go by a bmw or an Audi, this car handles I've smoked RWD cars after their drivers talk a bunch of crap about oversteer this and blah blah that. Great car, sensor faults will happen, get tech 2 or obd2 with CAN to scan the ecu and see where any problems might be. Major repairs are costly , so be warned have a wad of cash to own one of these. Cheers

I miss my Swede Racer =*(
By aeropower

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

sold my '06 9-3 Aero Aug 2013 & replaced it w/a 2009 2.0T for fuel efficiency & I regret it every day.
The 2.0T is plagued w/sensor probs that throw the car into limp home mode.
Bought my 2.0T in Nov w/69k miles & it's been in the shop 2X & will be going again next week.
I've only put 2500 mi on it. But I digress, this review is for the '06 Aero. The car was perfect for me. Sold it with 116k mi & it was still running beautifully. Needed a new radiator & some minor suspension repairs but the car still moved like it did when i bought it w/31k mi in 2008. Selling the 2.0T to look for another '06 Aero with the button dash. Feel like I gave up a child in August. haha

2.8T engine. Does the torque ever go away? NO! =) Saab Information Display (SID) atop the dash, xenon headlights, rain sense wipers, the cool airplane sound warning chime. Even the sound of the turn signals is cooler than the 2009. Saab-ish button dash (2007 model did away with the button dash for a GM radio unit and knobs.

the front overhang on the Aero body kit is ALWAYS hitting something. mine actually came off a few times and i would have to pop it back into place.

2006 Saab Aero
By neuchy

2006 Saab 9-3 Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car drives beautifully. The ride is firm, sporty firm that is. Some may find it uncomfortable on the cracked roads of Michigan. Performance wise, the car will provide more power than you'll ever need. Don't be surprised if you find yourself driving at 110mph the first week or two you get it. The ride is so smooth you don't even realize you're driving at high speed. The acceleration is simply astonishing. Whether you're already driving at 70 or 30mph you'll feel the same phenomenal pull!
I have been able to drive the car on all surfaces and I must say it handles horribly on the snow. I ended up facing the wrong direction when I took a Michigan left (at only 5mph!!!)

The bucket seats are very comfortable. The dashboard is slightly oriented towards the driver which makes it so much easier for you. Some fancy buttons are there for you to either switch assisted features on or off. For a little fun on a track you may want to deactivate all the features as they kick in as soon as they sense the vehicle is unbalanced and out of its trajectory.

The car's electronic system is fragile. The lock control on my driver's side keeps locking and unlocking the doors when I hit the button just once. I always have to ask my shotgun to lock the vehicle's door. Some other features are also more likely to dysfunction. The power mirrors for instance have been working only for a year. Finally, the stereo is greatly disappointing in a car that retails for 35,000 new! The Turbo lag is to be expected since it is not a supercar. I would say you can feel the Turbo being shy at low speeds but as soon as you gain a little speed the Turbo finally unleashes its full monstrous potential !