2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
I miss my Swede Racer =*(
By aeropower on 04/23/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

sold my '06 9-3 Aero Aug 2013 & replaced it w/a 2009 2.0T for fuel efficiency & I regret it every day. The 2.0T is plagued w/sensor probs that throw the car into limp home mode. Bought my 2.0T in Nov w/69k miles & it's been in the shop 2X & will be going again next week. I've only put 2500 mi on it. But I digress, this review is for the '06 Aero. The car was perfect for me. Sold it with 116k mi & it was still running beautifully. Needed a new radiator & some minor suspension repairs but the car still moved like it did when i bought it w/31k mi in 2008. Selling the 2.0T to look for another '06 Aero with the button dash. Feel like I gave up a child in August. haha

2006 Saab Aero
By neuchy on 02/11/13 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car drives beautifully. The ride is firm, sporty firm that is. Some may find it uncomfortable on the cracked roads of Michigan. Performance wise, the car will provide more power than you'll ever need. Don't be surprised if you find yourself driving at 110mph the first week or two you get it. The ride is so smooth you don't even realize you're driving at high speed. The acceleration is simply astonishing. Whether you're already driving at 70 or 30mph you'll feel the same phenomenal pull! I have been able to drive the car on all surfaces and I must say it handles horribly on the snow. I ended up facing the wrong direction when I took a Michigan left (at only 5mph!!!)

OOPS Wrong car.
By notstock on 10/30/11 23:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Well I got suckered by the lure of a 'Good deal" I needed a cheap family vehicle and I found a 2006 SportCombi Aero with 56K miles for only 11.5K, paid cash and now I know why it was so cheap. It started having problems on the way home from buying the stupid car. It's got this weird surging hesitation under partial throttle. A grinding clanking from the engine, and a weird high pitched whine from the audio system even if it's turned off. This is a one owner dealer maintained car with full service records, so I know it was taken care of. I'm really disappointed because I liked the performance in a car that I don't see dozens of every day. UNIQUE, I like that. Unreliable and broken NOPE.

Not Safe
By brijitte on 10/20/11 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

While driving at 11:30 pm on a small country (paved) road with my high beams on, my warning system indicated "Left High Beam Failure. About a minute later the left head light was in flames. Within 15 minutes the entire front half/engine of the car was in flames and subsequently burned/melted the entire front half of the car. There were less than 80,000 miles on the car. After month and a half Saab still has not investigated this issue and refuses to acknowledge the issue. I have pictures of the fire that I am happy to share. It was a horrible experience, and I am not sure how Saab can have such reputation for safety.

Disappointing
By psbob on 06/17/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had three SAAB's and am currently still driving my 89 900S. What an utter disappointment. I know on paper this car is much better than previous models. Sitting down in the car, my first impression was that I had lost my best friend. The car has none of the charm that my other SAAB's have had. It felt like a gussied up cavalier. None of the materials in the car seemed first rate. With the current financial problems (and I see why, it doesn't feel like a SAAB SAAB) coupled with the not so nice feel of the car, guess I won't be bringing home the next one. I drove the new S60 and it felt more like a SAAB than this car.

Aero Convert
By neal747 on 08/25/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used a year ago and it has been great fun. Sporty and luxurious with lots of convenience features. A solid performer the v6 turbo packs a nice punch and the 6 speed automatic shifts better and quicker than I could, so I never feel required to use the paddle shifters. The variable valve timing really opens up the motor under full throttle as it lets out a ferocious scream. Yet quiet and extremely smooth in typical driving. And Saab stands behind the product, they did a free major repair for me even though the car was 5,000 miles past the warranty period! Massey Saab of Orlando is the best.

Best car for the value
By Surprised Saab Owner on 08/10/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After looking at similar class cars nothing beat the value of the 93 Aero. Cheaper than the competition with little difference between featured and performance. Fun to drive. It is terrible in the snow, I was expecting better from a front wheel drive car.

LOVE MY CAR
By Lori on 06/26/10 04:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Memorial day this year I hit a deer head on at 65 mph. Grateful no one got hurt, but concerned the airbags didn't go off. I am still waiting for it to be fixed-over $8200 of damage. I miss my car, as it has been fantastic to drive. Never any problems not even in snow. But getting parts for a Saab I find isn't easy. I am told I am #123 in line for the radiator mount, and no clue on how long it takes to fill the back order. Ugh! But hopefully it is before summer is over, as this is why I bought the car. To put the top-down and go for my long drives. This car has been worth every Penny I paid on it.

Best Car I've ever owned!
By boomer47 on 04/02/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Saab new in 2006 after quite a bit of due diligence and it has been best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, economical, reliable, and very functional. It's great in the snow and the turbo gives it great acceleration.

2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero
By B on 03/16/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The turbo V6 has more power than you’ll ever need without sacrificing power over fuel economy. Love the buttons, once you get used to them the entire car is extremely convenient to operate. Love the white with black trim leather sport seats, extremely comfortable. Great car in the city with the blind spot pass. mirror, drivers information center up top on the dash – quick glance and your back to traffic, acceleration, compass, display rear parking sensors, and the car itself is easy to see around you. I love driving in the snow, traction control is set perfectly for ice and the tiptronic shift is easy to slow down. The car is a ton of fun driving through the mountains. Cool keys!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.