A Lear Jet without the wings.
By MarkPopkie on
2005 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Just purchased this vehicle used with 75k miles. Previous owner had been meticulous with service records so I feel confident that this baby was pampered. I have barely added 100 miles to the odometer but I am already impressed. Having driven or owned nearly every kind of car in this category, the Saab stands out as the most fun to drive. Fantastic handling, the turbo responds to my every whim, and the air handling system is straight out of a Boeing 747. I have never driven a 4 cylinder that handles A/C quite like this. Despite having a 13 speaker sound system, I was underwhelmed by the stereo - I may have already blown a driver. I do,however, love the timeless quality of the exterior design.
Favorite Features
Air handling system is stellar. Very comfortable interior. The 4 wheel disc brakes are breathtakingly responsive. Amazing get-up-'n'-go turbo. Overall, this car is safe, fun, and really good looking in a minimalist sort of way.
Suggested Improvements
Insulation between plastic-on-plastic joints would decrease interior noise. Higher quality speakers. That's all I've got for now, but I'll return after a year for a follow up. First impressions were very good though. I look forward to my commute, and that says a lot!