2005 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: A Lear Jet without the wings.

2005 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

Arc Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

A Lear Jet without the wings.
By MarkPopkie on

2005 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just purchased this vehicle used with 75k miles. Previous owner had been meticulous with service records so I feel confident that this baby was pampered. I have barely added 100 miles to the odometer but I am already impressed. Having driven or owned nearly every kind of car in this category, the Saab stands out as the most fun to drive. Fantastic handling, the turbo responds to my every whim, and the air handling system is straight out of a Boeing 747. I have never driven a 4 cylinder that handles A/C quite like this. Despite having a 13 speaker sound system, I was underwhelmed by the stereo - I may have already blown a driver. I do,however, love the timeless quality of the exterior design.

Air handling system is stellar. Very comfortable interior. The 4 wheel disc brakes are breathtakingly responsive. Amazing get-up-'n'-go turbo. Overall, this car is safe, fun, and really good looking in a minimalist sort of way.

Insulation between plastic-on-plastic joints would decrease interior noise. Higher quality speakers. That's all I've got for now, but I'll return after a year for a follow up. First impressions were very good though. I look forward to my commute, and that says a lot!
By dasani36
on 05/01/15 16:58 PM (PDT)

Hey I'm Daniel, i'm currently looking at a 2005 Saab 93 Linear Convertible with exactly 75,005 miles and it drove well interior is well. How has yours been to you so far and currently mileage and issues if any. Thank you