2005 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: have had some issues... but ov

2005 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

Linear Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

have had some issues... but overall a good car with good MPG and fun to drive. if could go back in time would probably of gotten something else however.
By nccaitlin on

2005 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for a year now. I bought with 52k miles and have put 20k on it since. I have had a few issues with it so far - drivers side mirror piece fell off and had to be glued back on - back window wasn't working --> $200 -other back window stopped working - have had to change bulbs in headlights 2x already -error messages -> traction control/stability/immobilizer failure (after jumping battery it did not want to start and went haywire for a while before starting) - A/C blower locked up and had to be released and oiled up - Car wash knocked off antenna cover However this car is pretty fun to drive and no major mechanical issues. Great MPG over 40 often. Lost 2k in value already.

Favorite Features

I like it calculates the MPG and that it also calculates when you need to get your next oil change (if you get synthetic). I usually can get over 40 MPG highway. Overall I average about 36 or 37 MPG highway and some city. I like where the ignition is in the middle. It is a unique car.

Suggested Improvements

The front seats take forever to lean back and lean forward. It takes a lot of turns of a knob for it to go either way which I do hate. The window motors do not seem to last long and neither do the headlight bulbs which are a bit of a hassle to get to. The interior seems to chip easily (or previous owners were rough) and lights behind the air control unit is going out and only half of it is lit.