2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Consumer Reviews

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
9.3 convertible.....I'm not getting rid of it
By jbeloff on 08/12/13 13:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned a saab for over 20 years and find them to be the highest quality car. While Saab has had it's many challenges over the years it has always produce a solid performer with above average reliability. Unfortunately the markets tends to go with the brands with the biggest budget to impress you with the image of it's brand. Saab has done a outstanding job mixing form with function. Everyone who has enjoyed the ride in my car are always impressed with the quality and find themselves asking why they never considered on. Saabs brand deserves leadership that can carry it's unique niche and continue it's quality builds to attract more owners looking for something that just works well.

Very satisfying drive.
By MJ on 04/30/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 9-3 convertible is a total package that comes together for a very satisfying ride. If you look at any one detail of the car it may or may not be best in class, but when combined it just makes you smile. It gives a solid, tight, controlled ride, a little busy on bad pavement. You're very connected to the road. Acceleration from a dead stop is nothing special, but when you're on the road the passing power is impressive! Very comfortable seats. The automatic top opens/closes in 20 secs, even if you're driving (slowly). The stereo isn't strong, but its notes & sounds are very precise (don't confuse bass boost with good music). There's a reason this is Saab's most popular car.

Better than expected
By tom on 02/21/09 09:41 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this car used with 45,000 miles on it and 6 mos. left on the factory warranty. The car has been great, looks and runs like a brand new car with no problems. It was a one owner car that I purchased from the original selling dealer.

Very satisfying car
By MJ on 09/23/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a really nice car to drive. It's responsive, controlled and quick. From a dead stop the acceleration is normal but it has great passing power - which is really what you need. It accelerates from 40 to 65 (or more, if you dare) in a heartbeat! The ride is stiff (Aero) but very tight. It's very comfortable (Aero seats) and the power convertible top works great. No noticeable decrease in headroom. Still has trunk room with the top down. Stereo is good - sound is very true to actual.

Not too happy with my convertible
By atlantaowner on 04/15/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I first bought a 93 Aero, it shook terribly, turned it back in and got a 93 Arc...this one shakes! In a loaner from the dealer and it shakes at 70 mph. My car has been in the shop for over a month just because of a simple (I thought) balancing job. But it turns out that it couldn't get fixed, so they had to replace all 4 tires! Not even a year after my 2nd purchse, I am already planning to trade in after summer. Do not buy a 93 convertible unless you're prepared for it to be in the shop time after time after time. It's in the shop for 'updates' seems like every month. If you want a high maintenance car, this one's for you!

My Swedish Souvenir
By topdownarc on 06/08/06 13:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love driving my 9-3 Arc! It handles with ease the secondary, curving roads I drive on daily. (and I like to drive it fast...) It averages 26 MPG on my rural roads. I've had the car almost a year and haven't had any problems with it. It was our second European Delivery purchase and we'll certainly purchase future cars in the same manner.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Dian on 05/31/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This vehicle is by far the best I've ever owned. The only things that could top it would be if it had the V6 turbo engine. It is not as common as the BMW which every other person seems to drive here, so you are more unique when on the road. Unfortunately for me, I have to sell it as I am moving overseas and left hand drive cars are not allowed there. When I return, I will pick up the latest model via the European Delivery Program so I can once again enjoy the thrill of the Saab Aero convertible. It is great to drive.

Great Car!
By Tim Choppin on 05/11/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased the Saab after driving the Audi A4 and the BMW 3-Series. The BMW really left me cold. I really liked the Audi driving experience, but the interior was far more cramped and the price for an equivalent trim level was shocking. The Saab has been fun and generally reliable, with the exception of the rare and mysterious message from the computer about the engine immobilizer. The car keeps running, so I ignore it. The top goes down rapidly and the seat heaters allow me to drive top-down whenever the outside temperature hits about 40. The car has plenty of pep. The rear seats are unique in this class for being truly functional for passengers. The digital media input jack is nice.

3 Saabs and still going
By saablover on 11/20/05 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned 3 Saabs...92 -9000, 99 -9/3 and now a 05 - 9-3. Once you own one you know they just keep getting better. I feel great about my new purchase...fun to drive, tight, clean, great fit and finish! Even the wife loves it!!

Best car ever!
By scott on 10/18/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am so happy with my purchace! I bought a ARC Convertible and I still have a smile plastered across my face. If it isnt raining the top is down no matter the weather. So much fun to drive and everybody that sees it makes a comment on how sweet it looks! Do yourself a favor and get this car!