2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: Great car

2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

Linear Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Great car
By jay0725 on

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my Saab 9-3 about 2 1/2 years now. In that time I've put over 60k miles on it. Maintenance is very important with these cars to keep them from giving you problems. I religiously change my oil every 7500 miles with ONLY mobile 1 full synthetic. Also keeping up with the other maintenance has proved worth while. The dealers charge a lot but it's better than having a broken down car. I average 33mpg between all driving. It has the original clutch at 80k, still shifts and drives like new. Brake dust is out of control but brakes have lasted about 45k miles and still over half left. I had one major issue with engine block at 45k. It was under warranty and I got a free loaner.

Look, interior styling, fun to drive, great gas mileage, the hiss of the turbo is exciting, great stock audio system, phenomenal in snowy driving with good all season tires

Where is the back seat? Maybe use some of the gigantic trunk for more back seat room? Give a longer warranty to people who keep up with all maintenance as recommended.